BeeJay Anya's wingspan vs Hakim Warrick vs Sean Williams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BeeJay Anya's wingspan vs Hakim Warrick vs Sean Williams

Living in Chicago and hearing all of the "drama" surrounding h.s. players makes me actually HOPE that the staff doesnt recruit here often (remember that Cuse was Anthony Davis's first high major offer since he didnt playint a great h.s. conference and wasnt well known). When DePaul was searching for a coach after they fired Wainwright, the most influential AAU coaches here in Chicago felt "slighted" that the AD didnt consult them when they conducted their search for a new HC. On top of that, these same AAU coaches did not like the hiring decisions (assistants) that Bruce Weber made because his guys werent "Chicago." Look at the talent drop-off from Bill Self to Bruce Webber and the fall-out is obvious. Heck, the Chicago Tribune ran a story not long ago about how Oliver Purnell scheduled a dinner meeting with a few Chicago AAU coaches with the intention of ironing out the "perception" problems. The "perception" is that DePual doesnt care about Chicago AAU because they dont give those coaches an opportunity to interview for assistant jobs. I liken Chicago AAU to the mafia. It's disgusting. UK plays the game. UL plays the game. MSU plays the game. Marq benefits from the good-but-not-program-difference-makers signing with their program. I would expect Marq to have a difficult time with Chi if the Ilini and DePaul can fix their relationships with the AAU coaches.

This, the recruiting scene in chicago makes nyc look clean as a whistle

This, the recruiting scene in chicago makes nyc look clean as a whistle
Yeah I've heard stories about Chicago, makes me wonder if the staff just says f it and pretends it doesn't exist, stay away.

That video of Sean Williams was made in Fall 2011. Where was he playing/what is he doing?
He transferred to Cal State Fullerton, don't think he plays. He might be one of the worst basketball players with a D-1 Scholarship I have ever seen. Kid was downright terrible. The person he's putting post moves on in that video would block him every time if he had a few more inches on him.

I saw something
last year where one of the recruiting guys like telep said that anya's 7'9 wingspan was the largest ever recorded in high school (I know cat rescuer supposedly had same).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Living in Chicago and hearing all of the "drama" surrounding h.s. players makes me actually HOPE that the staff doesnt recruit here often (remember that Cuse was Anthony Davis's first high major offer since he didnt playint a great h.s. conference and wasnt well known). When DePaul was searching for a coach after they fired Wainwright, the most influential AAU coaches here in Chicago felt "slighted" that the AD didnt consult them when they conducted their search for a new HC. On top of that, these same AAU coaches did not like the hiring decisions (assistants) that Bruce Weber made because his guys werent "Chicago." Look at the talent drop-off from Bill Self to Bruce Webber and the fall-out is obvious. Heck, the Chicago Tribune ran a story not long ago about how Oliver Purnell scheduled a dinner meeting with a few Chicago AAU coaches with the intention of ironing out the "perception" problems. The "perception" is that DePual doesnt care about Chicago AAU because they dont give those coaches an opportunity to interview for assistant jobs. I liken Chicago AAU to the mafia. It's disgusting. UK plays the game. UL plays the game. MSU plays the game. Marq benefits from the good-but-not-program-difference-makers signing with their program. I would expect Marq to have a difficult time with Chi if the Ilini and DePaul can fix their relationships with the AAU coaches.

Chicago AAU is a cesspool.

I think there's something to your suggestion that the staff just avoids it. Besides Davis, I can't remember who the last player that we recruited from Chicago. Maybe PG Imari Sawyer?

I've seen him chubby and I've seen him pretty fit. He was kind of fat last last summer. Then he really worked out last fall (I think his sister helped him with a conditioning program and diet), and really improved his fitness at the beginning of this past season, but then he seemed to put about 10 pounds back on by March. I think he's going to battle it throughout his college years.

Thought you were talking about me there for a minute.

When I watched BeeJay on TV. I thought three things: 1) HS doesn't know how to use a big man 2) He's not in very good shape and 3) Michael Sweetney

Blair was about that tall. Anya has good width. If he can rebound like Blair I want him.

Well put, Eyes. He's like Blair with longer arms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom