Been Hearing Here Out West... | Syracusefan.com

Been Hearing Here Out West...

Man, that makes no sense. But it's OK by me!
Why would it not make sense ? Floyd was cleared of any wrongdoing & had been their best coach in many years. On top of that USC is almost certainly a much more desirable location than is El Paso from his perspective.

Strange hire, but I see the logic. He was successful there, far more successful than they have been in the last 20 years without him.

I still think its a weird hire if they bring him back.

I still think its a weird hire if they bring him back.

i agree. he may have been cleared of wrongdoing but everyone knew mayo's recruitment was dirty so he played w fire and put the program in jeopardy over one player. innocent? i'd argue differently.

i agree. he may have been cleared of wrongdoing but everyone knew mayo's recruitment was dirty so he played w fire and put the program in jeopardy over one player. innocent? i'd argue differently.

Hell Cal was basically cleared of any wrong doings but we all know he is as crooked as a twig on a tree.

Honestly, I think USC is comfortable playing close to the edge. I think a lot of schools would be alright with short bursts of greatness followed by a couple of seasons under probation. Certainly beats endless years of nothing, which is where USC will be otherwise.

Honestly, I think USC is comfortable playing close to the edge. I think a lot of schools would be alright with short bursts of greatness followed by a couple of seasons under probation. Certainly beats endless years of nothing, which is where USC will be otherwise.

They had no issue with hiring Kiffin.

Pat Hayden didnt hire Kiffin, Mike Garrett did. Thats what makes this a bit of head scratcher.

True. Haden could fire him tho?

Sent using my Commodore 64

I find it strange that UTEP allowed him to interview at this time. An assistant coach I could understand, but why would you let your HC talk to another school as you get set for the conference tournament? I imagine his players are not too happy to know that their coach is looking to move on.

Cal will never be compared to a bamboo tree then

490941819_ed97d12a23_z.jpg

True. Haden could fire him tho?

Sent using my Commodore 64

AD's dont just come in and fire unless there is a reason.

It has been widely discussed that Haden isnt high on Kiffin.