Beer at NCAA games -- YES | Syracusefan.com

Beer at NCAA games -- YES

Zippy1808

2nd String
This is the first year that beer will be served in general seating areas at NCAA Tournament games.
Hopefully that means a few less "empty arena" camera shots during the early tips.
Enjoy.

Utah’s alcohol rules have changed a lot. When I was in SLC, the biggest thing I noticed was a strict “no kids” in bars that also serve food and may be construed as restaurants during the day.

Utah’s alcohol rules have changed a lot. When I was in SLC, the biggest thing I noticed was a strict “no kids” in bars that also serve food and may be construed as restaurants during the day.

I am not sure if they are serving in Vivant or not. There is a hospitality room for VIPs. I’ll see what I can find out today.

Utah has the weirdest alcohol laws in the nation. There are restaurants that serve (you must buy food), and bars (which must offer food). Bars are ALL 21 and over. All the draft beer is 4.0 abv and you can only be served two drinks at once...But that said, there are an abundance of great restaurants and bars within walking distance of Vivant. And, if they are serving there, numerous craft and domestic offerings.

I’ve never understood the NCAAs stance on alcohol sales at games makes absolutely no sense in the context of how they operate every other aspect of the business.

I’ve never understood the NCAAs stance on alcohol sales at games makes absolutely no sense in the context of how they operate every other aspect of the business.
I expect the rationale might become more clear if you should ever have to play WVU in the tournament!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom