Before we crown Coach K the greatest of all time | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Before we crown Coach K the greatest of all time

Pound for pound I would take Jay Wright over coach K. Give them the same talent and it isn't close.

LOL.

But that’s the thing. Talent is EVERYTHING and you need to recruit it and sculpt it each seasons.

I think most will still consider Wooden the greatest but K has an argument and is the clear number 2.

There are so many what ifs in these games. What if Cipola misses the fall away shot against Georgia? One less FF for us. What if Hakim had cheated one more step toward the lane? Maybe he doesn't get out to make the block, the game goes to OT and Kansas rides momentum to a NC. I'm not gonna use what ifs to take championships away from K.
I think Bobby Knight is the best. Wooden had such a talent discrepancy, it made it unfair.

I’d take Wright or Bennett. Throw Few up there too.

I know I know Bennett’s a choke artist. Give the man time and he’ll change it.

Self, Williams, K and Cal. I can’t love a program I dont trust.

RepulsiveHandyChameleon-small.gif

Inside K’s poolhouse this morning

I think Bobby Knight is the best. Wooden had such a talent discrepancy, it made it unfair.
If you are separating recruiting from coaching, I can see that. If you include recruiring as part of it, I think the way he trailed off at the end hurts his case.

LOL.

But that’s the thing. Talent is EVERYTHING and you need to recruit it and sculpt it each seasons.

But, when the talent is bought and paid for or directed to a program by the shoe companies, it makes it much more difficult to gauge how well a coach recruits when considering the best coach.

If you are separating recruiting from coaching, I can see that. If you include recruiring as part of it, I think the way he trailed off at the end hurts his case.
Straight up coaching. Our guy is really high on that list, too. Top 5, I would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom