Believe it or not, there were some encouraging signs tonight | Syracusefan.com

Believe it or not, there were some encouraging signs tonight

RF2044

Living Legend
In no particular order...
  • Ennis got off of the snide, and had his first solid offensive output in several games. It will be important moving forward for him to resume being the threat he's been for most of the season. Today was an important step in the right direction.
  • Impossibly, we won without Grant.
  • Gbinije played major minutes, and while he had some ups-and-downs, he is starting to show more confidence offensively. He didn't necessarily shoot the ball all that well tonight, but he at least is turning into a threat.
  • Speaking of playing major minutes, Keita played major minutes for the second game in a row. He looked a bit gimpy running up the floor after one play early in the second, but continues to show no ill effects from his injury. He's back, I'd say.
  • And speaking of injuries, the team has 5 days to rest and recuperate. That's five very important days for Grant and Keita to get into the trainer's room and get as much therapy as needed to be ready to go on Saturday.
  • Despite the near heart attack they threatened to give me tonight, we found a way to pull out another win on the road and end the skid.
  • Three more victories to go...
Let's Go Orange!!!

Last edited:
RF2044 said:
In no particular order... [*]Ennis got off of the snide, and had his first solid offensive output in several games. It will be important moving forward for him to resume being the threat he's been for most of the season. Today was an important step in the right direction. [*]Impossibly, we won without Grant. [*]Gbinije played major minutes, and while he had some ups-and-downs, he is starting to show more confidence offensively. He didn't necessarily shoot the ball all that well tonight, but he at least is turning into a threat. [*]Speaking of playing major minutes, Keita played major minutes for the second game in a row. He looked a bit gimpy running up the floor after one play early in the second, but continues to show no ill effects from his injury. He's back, I'd say. [*]Speaking of injuries, the team has 5 days to rest and recuperate. That's five very important days for Grant and Keita to get into the trainer's room and get as much therapy as needed to be ready to go on Saturday. [*]Despite the near heart attack they threatened to give me tonight, we found a way to pull out another win on the road and end the skid. Three more victories to go... Let's Go Orange!!!

Posts like this are not allowed here after a What win

Posts like this are not allowed here after a What win

I think that's what also played a role in people's reactions. I thought we played well tonight for the majority of the game, but still had a chance to lose. Ennis was looking to score, Fair hit his shots, G hit some shots. The biggest no-show was Trevor (well, Rak too). Especially strange since he hit his first two. I thought he was going to go off.

And yes, I completely understand it's a different ball game without Grant in there. Like I've said a few times though, our team without grant is still much better than that MD team that just threw the ball around the court in hilariously poor fashion for most of the game.

• Ennis got off of the snide, and had his first solid offensive output in several games. It will be important moving forward for him to resume being the threat he's been for most of the season. Today was an important step in the right direction.
  • Gbinije played major minutes, and while he had some ups-and-downs, he is starting to show more confidence offensively. He didn't necessarily shoot the ball all that well tonight, but he at least is turning into a threat.
  • Speaking of playing major minutes, Keita played major minutes for the second game in a row. He looked a bit gimpy running up the floor after one play early in the second, but continues to show no ill effects from his injury. He's back, I'd say.
  • Speaking of injuries, the team has 5 days to rest and recuperate. That's five very important days for Grant and Keita to get into the trainer's room and get as much therapy as needed to be ready to go on Saturday.
  • Despite the near heart attack they threatened to give me tonight, we found a way to pull out another win on the road and end the skid.
Let's Go Orange!!!

And...Roberson saw the floor. :)

Great post, RF. I'm glad you pointed out some positives for me to think about. Ennis was huge and a little more assertive tonight.

I don't share your enthusiasm about G. His +/- couldn't have been good tonight and his late turnover in our backcourt put us in a bad spot.

Great post, RF. I m glad you pointed out some positives me to think about. Ennis was huge and a little more assertive tonight.

I don't share your enthusiasm about G. His +/- couldn't have been good tonight and his late turnover in our backcourt put us in a bad spot.

I'm not sure that I'd call it enthusiasm--but we need him to be an offensive threat to give some minor pop to an otherwise lackluster bench production. And at least now he's settling into more of a comfort zone of attacking when he gets the ball.

Not sure what he shot tonight--I remember seeing a stat where he was only 1-4 from three--so he still has room for improvement. But if he's going to continue to garner more time, and possibly emerge as a froncourt sub, as well, he needs to be able to put the ball in the basket.

• Speaking of injuries, the team has 5 days to rest and recuperate. That's five very important days for Grant and Keita to get into the trainer's room and get as much therapy as needed to be ready to go on Saturday.
Let's Go Orange!!!
Excellent post and swings the needle back to the middle for me. After such a tough game and seemingly most focus on the negatives, we need timely posts like this to improve our perspective for the final ACC games.

One more encouraging sign.....Jimmy got through the entire game without a technical.

The fact that Jerami was sitting on the bench and not laying down on a table in the trainers room seems to indicate that he's not dealing with severe pain. Hopefully he'll be back at 100% for Saturday.