Benching McCullough? | Syracusefan.com

Benching McCullough?

CaliCuse

All American
While he is in no way a "lottery consideration on offense,he does have good inside presence to rebound and intimidate shots down deep and block shots. I think to day's Jimmy decision was flat out wrong. The kid must get ready for strong competition . He can't get this in practice time. This team converted a laugher to a nail biter. Thus far Kaleb Joseph is proving to be a waste of a schools. 'm sure he will improve but there are countless amount of times that he has the ball and it seems that he should pull up and drop in a 2. He doesn't even take it to the rim to draw a foul.SUball

I think it was a good move by JB. Kid needs to keep focused on what's infront of him. Too much talk of lottery and NBA expectations. Just needs to settle down and do what he was brought here to do, play ball.

I believe CMac had 7 rebounds in 18 minutes of play, and 3 blocks. Just isn't doing much on offense.

While he is in no way a "lottery consideration on offense,he does have good inside presence to rebound and intimidate shots down deep and block shots. I think to day's Jimmy decision was flat out wrong. The kid must get ready for strong competition . He can't get this in practice time. This team converted a laugher to a nail biter. Thus far Kaleb Joseph is proving to be a waste of a schools. 'm sure he will improve but there are countless amount of times that he has the ball and it seems that he should pull up and drop in a 2. He doesn't even take it to the rim to draw a foul.SUball

"Waste of a schools"? Come on.

As for JB's decisions being wrong... Is he perfect? No. But I think he has a pretty good idea of how to run a team.

"Waste of a schools"? Come on.

As for JB's decisions being wrong... Is he perfect? No. But I think he has a pretty good idea of how to run a team.
Yes he isn't ALWAYS WRONG and he does have a good idea of how to run his team BUT he was wrong today and it almost cost him a win when the defense started to lose it effectiveness in the second hal Ahead by 22 and winning by 2 is too close of a margin despite the WIN.Asfor Cooney. He needs to take those open 3 shots. You never can tell when his hot streak will show up and be the offense out thereDespitezarak's improvement he hesitates in using his physical advantage and power up down low instead choosing his dink hook instead in stead of consistently drawing a foul. Drawing fouls is a critical part of the low post. It comes more important when playing the top conference teams

I don't think of it as "he benched McCullough"...more like he played Roberson. I can't imagine that Chris was thinking "Why I am on the bench?", as he watched his replacement, who is a year ahead of him, score in double figures and grab 17 rebounds.

if McCullough was playing well I think you'd see him-Rak-Roberson on the backline with Cooney and G up front. But JB won't even do that. CMac has a lot of work to do

Would like to see a lineup of G, Cooney, Roberson, CMac, and X.

Problem is that JB doesn't like Roberson at 3.

Roberson plays bigger and stronger than McCullough, plain and simple. I've complained before about McCullough's lack of a strong presence down low. Roberson battles hard and more often than not wins those battles. I had no problem with Roberson in while McCullough was on the bench.

Have we seen a lineup of Rak, Roberson and CMac together on the back line? Sorry I don't recall.

Couldn't hurt doing that and putting Mike and Trev up top for a stint.

Have we seen a lineup of Rak, Roberson and CMac together on the back line? Sorry I don't recall.

Yea today after mike picked up his 4th we saw that back line. That line up doesn't work cause neither roberson or chris can play the 3 on offense for many minutes. Spacing gets all jammed up with Chris and Tyler out there together.

Interpreter please...

Wasn't that our starting lineup at the beginning of the season?

Not enough outside shooting.

TRob's not really a "3".

Wasn't that our starting lineup at the beginning of the season?

Not enough outside shooting.

TRob's not really a "3".

Sounds right. Thanks.

So who are you taking out to play him, Gbinije or Roberson? Both are playing better than McC.

Stop reading high school press clippings and stupid Mock Drafts and start watching actual live basketball. Maybe that will help your angst.

Another post advocating playing the starters more and the bench less? What is this board coming too!

self doubt is an awful seed to potentially plant in any players head. that's why i've always hated the boeheim quick doghouse hook (reserved for only certain players). mccullough clearly hasn't totally figured out the college game yet. but he surely ain't gonna figure it out on the bench.

Roberson has been better than McCullough on both sides of the ball lately. So that means you would rather have McCullough in there than Gbinije which I just don't think helps this team. G didn't have a great game, but he can at least somewhat stretch the defense and he gets out on shooters better than CMac does. I suppose Boeheim could have put G at guard, but Patterson was playing well at the 2 on the defensive end.

It's hard to keep track of, but are we seeing any lineups of

Rak
McCullough
Roberson
Cooney
Gbinije

On the court at the same time? I don't think I've seen that in a while.

It's hard to keep track of, but are we seeing any lineups of

Rak
McCullough
Roberson
Cooney
Gbinije

On the court at the same time? I don't think I've seen that in a while.
Short time infusion of Paterson is interesting. The kid is still court shy and try too hard to impact. His energy is good on defense. Offensively he has moments of success,but those moments are spaced out. I like him but he can do better when he settles down.