Benching McCullough? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Benching McCullough?

self doubt is an awful seed to potentially plant in any players head. that's why i've always hated the boeheim quick doghouse hook (reserved for only certain players). mccullough clearly hasn't totally figured out the college game yet. but he surely ain't gonna figure it out on the bench.

I don't like quick hooks either but this is big boy basketball.

Cmac played 18 minutes yesterday so it's not like he isn't getting opportunities to prove himself worthy of more PT.

Roberson has been better than McCullough on both sides of the ball lately. So that means you would rather have McCullough in there than Gbinije which I just don't think helps this team. G didn't have a great game, but he can at least somewhat stretch the defense and he gets out on shooters better than CMac does. I suppose Boeheim could have put G at guard, but Patterson was playing well at the 2 on the defensive end.
I always thought that Roberson's ability wasn't be shown. Maybe finally with more PT his ability and production have now been seen by everyone including Roberson himself. Confidence in most sports critical to performance