Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt. | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt.

Think Benny will be back for next game. Which makes you think…do you take Bell or Taylor out of the starting lineup? Bell has started since last year but I think the correct way and easy answer is you keep Taylor in the lineup. He’s been better than Bell shooting, he brings more to the table than Bell, rebounding wise, off the dribble, he’s stronger with the ball, better ball handler and defensively he’s better. Taylor has just been playing all around good. Think our best starting lineup would be:

Judah
JJ
Justin
Benny
McLeod

Think Benny will be back for next game. Which makes you think…do you take Bell or Taylor out of the starting lineup? Bell has started since last year but I think the correct way and easy answer is you keep Taylor in the lineup. He’s been better than Bell shooting, he brings more to the table than Bell, rebounding wise, off the dribble, he’s stronger with the ball, better ball handler and defensively he’s better. Taylor has just been playing all around good. Think our best starting lineup would be:

Judah
JJ
Justin
Benny
McLeod
Not sure you start someone after a suspension like this. Give him Brown’s minutes and rest Brown until he’s better then figure it out.

I’m looking forward to getting two bigs on the floor. We are currently tiny without McCloud on the floor. I thought the big fella played very well. We need him on the floor. Brown is not the answer at the five. Brown is not good playing in the middle of the zone.

I’m looking forward to getting two bigs on the floor. We are currently tiny without McCloud on the floor. I thought the big fella played very well. We need him on the floor. Brown is not the answer at the five. Brown is not good playing in the middle of the zone.
Are we now worrying about out of bound under the basket defense?

McLeod will be vital as Cuse plays against bigger teams. I hope he can be effective over 20-24 mins vs the Hawaii Field.

Not sure you start someone after a suspension like this. Give him Brown’s minutes and rest Brown until he’s better then figure it out.

Yep. Also Colgates big guys love the perimeter. Give Carey some run to not let them roam free outside too as well as have to chase him and get back in transition. They are a slow team that prefers to be efficient and deliberate and we let them play as they wanted the past two years.

4 game suspension doesn’t exactly scream “not a big deal” so I don’t think it’s unfair to think it’s a little worse then being late to a team meeting or the like
2 games

Judah
JJ
Justin
Benny
McLeod
I'm 100% with you. While I wouldn't start Benny right away because of the suspension but after that, Taylor all day long. I'm hoping Red will go that direction.

No doubt Taylor is the better player, but if you bench Bell you may lose him altogether. I wonder if Red would tell JT he will play 30 minutes, but may do that bringing him off the bench just to not take a chance of killing all of Bells confidence.

No doubt Taylor is the better player, but if you bench Bell you may lose him altogether. I wonder if Red would tell JT he will play 30 minutes, but may do that bringing him off the bench just to not take a chance of killing all of Bells confidence.

This is the route you probably go especially if Bell is giving everything asked of him in practice etc. His early game defense and overall production has been where he has been his best as well.

A little practice from our only frontcourt forward with seniority before playing potentially two top-10 teams couldn't hurt.

As long as Bell Copeland Taylor; can all drive off the bounce starting wont matter much. IMO

He’s one year and two games in, how long does he have to start for before it doesn’t kill his confidence? We need to put a better player behind him for three more years?

I know Dion was the 6th man blah blah blah, but I’m not going to a school where the better players are on the beach starting a game.

He’s one year and two games in, how long does he have to start for before it doesn’t kill his confidence? We need to put a better player behind him for three more years?

I know Dion was the 6th man blah blah blah, but I’m not going to a school where the better players are on the beach starting a game.
I’m not saying I agree with it, but I do think it’s something a coach has to weigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom