Benny! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Benny!

Jimmy is playing so many minutes because Benny has been much worse and unprepared than anyone could have expected

I don't agree with this at all. You can argue Jimmy is one of the worst defensive starters ever at Syracuse.

Ever.

He's also #2 in FGA/game, hilariously.

He is playing a lot bc of something else besides Benny.

I don't agree with this at all. You can argue Jimmy is one of the worst defensive starters ever at Syracuse.

Ever.

Yeah, and I'm not convinced that early in the season if Benny were given more minutes without the quick pull, maybe, just maybe we would be looking at a different player right now. Some guys just don't respond well to Jim's approach, which is wildly inconsistent.

Jimmy is playing so many minutes because Benny has been much worse and unprepared than anyone could have expected
There waa a chance when we recruited Benny he wouldn’t be ready.
Maybe the HC should recruited another forward in Hs recruiting or brought in another transfer.
He didn’t.
Jimmy shouldn’t be playing 36 MPG. If Benny wasn’t ready have another option.
What are JBA, Chaz on the roster for?

Ever.

I agree that coach constructed a terribly thin roster to feature both of his sons in prominent roles. Jimmy is a fine player but not suited to playing 35+ minutes in the ACC. He’d be great as a sixth man forward reserve. The problem, which I think most of us can agree with, is that coach did not construct a roster with enough depth and talented players.

Either play Benny at least 25 minutes a game, write off the rest of the season as developmental for next year, and give him every chance to grow into his talent...or nail his shorts to the bench and make sure he never sees a minute. As it is, I can not stand seeing him come into the game for 6-7 minutes, embarrass himself, hurt the team, get pulled, lose confidence, and not learn anything.

If JB thinks there is still something to play for, fine. Run Ajak out there instead of Williams. Benny is averaging 7 minutes more per game than Jon Bol but only half a point more. Their rebounding is basically the same. Personally, I think it is time to cut bait on the season and set Benny up for success and a starting role next year. But please...enough of how they are using him now. It is the worst of both worlds.

I don't think it really matters.

Benny rightfully jawwing back a JAB for his ridiculous tantrum was likely a turning point...

I.e. he's had enough of the coach's BS and he going portal at the end of season anyways.

Hope I am wrong on that, but certainly would not be surprising.

I agree that coach constructed a terribly thin roster to feature both of his sons in prominent roles. Jimmy is a fine player but not suited to playing 35+ minutes in the ACC. He’d be great as a sixth man forward reserve. The problem, which I think most of us can agree with, is that coach did not construct a roster with enough depth and talented players.

Yes, agreed. 100% with you.

And this is why I refuse to pay money to go to games or buy gear right now

I don't think it really matters.

Benny rightfully jawwing back a JAB for his ridiculous tantrum was likely a turning point...

I.e. he's had enough of the coach's BS and he going portal at the end of season anyways.

Hope I am wrong on that, but certainly would not be surprising.
Anyone have a clip of this?

Benny's missed dunk was a turning point?
Yes. The kid hasn't done anything to speak of this season and people here are all over him. A dunk can be an emphatic statement for a team at any point in a game and would have given Benny and the team something positive during a game we were in - ahead at one point - but played poorly offensively overall. It might have started a run, who knows? But he didn't make it, part of the poor offensive showing last night.

Yes. The kid hasn't done anything to speak of this season and people here are all over him. A dunk can be an emphatic statement for a team at any point in a game and would have given Benny and the team something positive during a game we were in - ahead at one point - but played poorly offensively overall. It might have started a run, who knows? But he didn't make it, part of the poor offensive showing last night.

Hey, if he hits that dunk, maybe we don’t lose again all year? Who really knows? Maybe Benny is the reason we won’t win a title this year bc of that missed opportunity.

Universe is funny that way.

This is a very funny post. Yeah I wish he made it too. The speculative repercussions as a result of that though are ridiculous.

I am dying that there is a thread on Benny after last night's game.

DYING.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
And it came from a 100% Boeheim apologist too.

That’s why I responded the way I did. It’s blatant trolling and not posting in good faith.

Hey, if he hits that dunk, maybe we don’t lose again all year? Who really knows? Maybe Benny is the reason we won’t win a title this year bc of that missed opportunity.

Universe is funny that way.
Lol. I don't think so Mike.

And it came from a 100% Boeheim apologist too.

That’s why I responded the way I did. It’s blatant trolling and not posting in good faith.
More like 200% apologist.

your opinion
duh-billie-eilish.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors