Benson... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Benson...

I'm pretty sure we actually did run this on Saturday and I think it worked pretty well. Watching Hackett or Benson block on those screens is so much smoother than Riley tussling with a guy 4 inches and 30 pounds larger
Hackett was definitely out there split out wide on one of the screens. He blocked it well.

Just once, I want to see us in high tempo mode, fake the throw on the screen, and have someone go deep on the other side.

I bet it would be more open than Marvin Harrison in a Gator Bowl.
I'd assume that play is in the arsenal, but the O line wouldn't give TD enough time to execute.

Benson needs to play period. The coaches need to find a spot for him. I personally like him to replace Riley as he wont be jammed, is a match up nightmare for LBs and is much faster. Sean is quick but other than that he has zero physicality, average speed, and his catching radius is half that of Benson. Simply put Benson is a unique weapon. Big target, excellent hands, elite speed. Opposing coaches dont lose sleep over covering Sean. They would have to account for Benson. The staff needs to get him involved more.

Benson needs to play period. The coaches need to find a spot for him. I personally like him to replace Riley as he wont be jammed, is a match up nightmare for LBs and is much faster. Sean is quick but other than that he has zero physicality, average speed, and his catching radius is half that of Benson. Simply put Benson is a unique weapon. Big target, excellent hands, elite speed. Opposing coaches dont lose sleep over covering Sean. They would have to account for Benson. The staff needs to get him involved more.

Benson’s not moving to a slot receiver.

Ran the 100m in high school track.

It showed on that long TD.

Was at the game with the entire family. Turned to my oldest, who ran track and was pretty accomplished, and said "he runs a 10.5 100". He smiled and nodded and said "Yeah, that's fast".

Before he turned I thought it was Hackett and was momentarily confused when he ran away from the DB's until I saw #87 when he got about 20 yards closer. Section 310 so he was running right at us and had 0 depth perception.

Why can't Benson line like Rinno did when he dropped two passes...….either block a DB or be a vertical threat from that set.

I agree that it's not a good idea to have Riley blocking for the screens, but he has no speed? Have you watched him the past year?

I agree that it's not a good idea to have Riley blocking for the screens, but he has no speed? Have you watched him the past year?
Yes. Each game twice. He has decent speed, is exceptionally quick, and pound for pound one of the toughest players i have watched play for SU over the years. Having said that i think that Benson is an upgrade for us this year. The reason is that Tommy needs a pass catching TE this year given his lack of time to throw. Benson has the physicality to provide a solid 7-20 yard target. He can get off the line, beat LBs, has to be respected as a deep threat and provides a target twice the size of Sean. Simply because of our Oline issues this year the 4 WRs i think should play the most as a package are Jackson, Harris, Hackett, and Benson.

Yes. Each game twice. He has decent speed, is exceptionally quick, and pound for pound one of the toughest players i have watched play for SU over the years. Having said that i think that Benson is an upgrade for us this year. The reason is that Tommy needs a pass catching TE this year given his lack of time to throw. Benson has the physicality to provide a solid 7-20 yard target. He can get off the line, beat LBs, has to be respected as a deep threat and provides a target twice the size of Sean. Simply because of our Oline issues this year the 4 WRs i think should play the most as a package are Jackson, Harris, Hackett, and Benson.
That lineup would also help in the run game, an extra blocker for when you send Neal or Adams outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom