Bernie Fine missed? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bernie Fine missed?

most of our sophomore bigs came into their second seasons with the signature, Bernie Fine post moves.

Bernie had a literal reputation for post moves. That's what got him in trouble.

If I were a "big man" I'm sure I would respond to Hopkins style and personality, much more than Bernie Fine's. Teaching basketball skills is not rocket science. As someone mentioned, Rak has shown some improved skills, but lacks consistency and a consistent motor.
Bernie is no longer an option. I believe his point is that Hop shouldn't be the bigs coach.
There seem to be several legitimate reasons. First, this years results don't show as much progress as earlier years did. Second, when Hop becomes the coach he is going to need a bigs coach. Might as well get one now so that when the transition occurs there will be stability.

Bernie is no longer an option. I believe his point is that Hop shouldn't be the bigs coach.
There seem to be several legitimate reasons. First, this years results don't show as much progress as earlier years did. Second, when Hop becomes the coach he is going to need a bigs coach. Might as well get one now so that when the transition occurs there will be stability.

JB could have done that but instead went with Autry. He could have brought in a bigs coach. He also didn't have to move GMac up. So JB must be OK with how things have gone. Right now to bring in a bigs coach, he'd have to let someone go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JB could have done that but instead went with Autry. He could have brought in a bigs coach. He also didn't have to move GMac up. So JB must be OK with how things have gone. Right now to bring in a bigs coach, he'd have to let someone go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
They moved GMac up after the Bernie thing, that was mid-season. I think they may be waiting for one of the assistants to leave on their own, find another job.

I think, as much as I like the guy, it would serve SU's purposes best if GMac found another opportunity after the season allowing for a bigs coach hire. I think Red has been a big part of the uptick in recruiting.