Best Article on Game From MO Perspective | Syracusefan.com

Best Article on Game From MO Perspective

His comment that it should have been 24-3 is off base. If you're going to play that game, you have to give SU credit for at least a TD on Lemon's early drop.

To quote Nelson Muntz...

"Haaaaa, haaahhhhhh. "

Burwell essentially gives Syracuse zero credit for beating Missouri. Their loss was completely due to their mistakes, not Syracuse outplaying them. Suck it, you hack.

His comment that it should have been 24-3 is off base. If you're going to play that game, you have to give SU credit for at least a TD on Lemon's early drop.

Not only that ... it would have been 21-3 ... they wouldn't have had the FG ... it would have just been 3 touchdowns instead ... I can tell he watched that game from start to finish. :rolleyes:

Those guys are still delusional. Fact is we our OL > DL, our DL > OL, and Nassib was better than their QB. The most telling numbers on the nights: we gave up no sacks while getting 4. We won the battles in the trenches and were able to generate pressure while their guys never got to Nassib and he had all day to find Lemon. They still think just because they are SEC and we are BE that they should have own by default. Screw them, screw their fans. They didn't respect us before the game and they still dont. I hope they get their doors blown off next week.

Not only that ... it would have been 21-3 ... they wouldn't have had the FG ... it would have just been 3 touchdowns instead ... I can tell he watched that game from start to finish. :rolleyes:

Well I think he was crediting them for the fg they missed too.

Face it guys, we'd be saying the same things (and have) if the shoe was on the other foot.

Face it guys, we'd be saying the same things (and have) if the shoe was on the other foot.

LOL we have ... haven't you read this board after a loss?

LOL we have ... haven't you read this board after a loss?

I know, the games are so close a play here or there and as we've seen oh so closely how it can play out when the breaks go the other way, such as the offsides call.

Burwell essentially gives Syracuse zero credit for beating Missouri. Their loss was completely due to their mistakes, not Syracuse outplaying them. Suck it, you hack.

Yeah, what kind of fanbase claims that "we beat ourselves"

You need to get rid of your signature pic if you want people to actually read your posts. I always gets sidetracked and lose interest very fast.

Whoever wants to veer this thread into generalities about Syracuse fan reaction, that's fine.
But the undeniable truth is that Syracuse won the game through better execution. We gave up a lot of yards and we were down early but we won the game.
And if this writer from Missouri doesn't feel it appropriate to give our football team credit for that, that makes him a partisan hack. That is my point.

That article mentioned how sad it was that the seniors would not be carried off the field due to the lose. I had previously noticed that a number of top 10 teams played a bunch of surprisingly crappy teams: Alabama vs W Carolina, GA vs GA Southern, FLA vs Jackson St, Tex AM vs Sam Houston St, and SCar vs Wofford. It seemed a little odd that these top programs would play such weak teams so late in the season and all the same week - all at home, until I realized that these are probably all Senior Day games. The home team was scheduling a win for their seniors.

I think that is the reason Missouri had scheduled SU for this week - as senior day game fodder! They probably had our crappy record of the last 10 yrs in mind and thought SU would be an easy win. Too bad Tigers. I doubt we will be asked in the future.

Those guys are still delusional. Fact is we our OL > DL, our DL > OL, and Nassib was better than their QB. The most telling numbers on the nights: we gave up no sacks while getting 4. We won the battles in the trenches and were able to generate pressure while their guys never got to Nassib and he had all day to find Lemon. They still think just because they are SEC and we are BE that they should have own by default. Screw them, screw their fans. They didn't respect us before the game and they still dont. I hope they get their doors blown off next week.

And at least 2 of those sacks came on a 3 man rush. A 3 MAN RUSH!

On one hand, I agree with you. On the other hand, I don't care.

However, the thing I was thinking about when I read that article: if the shoe were on the other other foot, you'd never see that article written in Syracuse.

44cuse

Always nice to go into someone's bubble and pop it. Thanks for the 800 G's too.

Good luck at the next SEC powwow. We let you in and you lose to a bunch of YANKEES?

I hope they actually do fire the only coach who's had any success there in 50 years and go hire the next Turner Gill.

Just gonna post this again.

roflbot.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom