Best Cover Songs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best Cover Songs

Come to think of it, you could do a great thread on Best Dylan covers. And/or Best Dylan covers by the Byrds. Here's my fave:

Speaking of the Byrds and covers, I LOVE their take on his Carole King/Gerry Goffin song:

Nils Lofgren (who I saw at SU back in 1970 or so) also does a real nice version of this.

This is like the Inception of cover songs. See, Marky Mark is pretending to sing a song by fictional band Steel Dragon. But the song is really being sung by Miljenko Matijevic of Steelheart. But Matijevic only provides Marky Mark's vocals, the real vocals of fictional Steel Dragon singer, Bobby Beers, are provided by Jeff Scott Soto. All of this in a movie very loosely based on the story of Judas Priest hiring Ripper Owens from a Priest cover band to take over vocals when Rob Halford left. But Marky Mark grows tired of pretending to be a guy who is pretending to be a guy so he pulls Myles Kennedy from the audience to take over pretending for him. This is much too long of an explanation as to why fans shout "Steel Dragon!" at Alter Bridge concerts. Any questions?

Last edited:
This might be blasphemous to some people here, but I love John Mayer's cover of Free Fallin' by Tom Petty:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom