Best dunks by SU player? | Syracusefan.com

Best dunks by SU player?

samspann1

Living Legend
The "Best Leaper" thread made me think: what are some of the best in-game dunks by an SU player?

Some qualifiers: (1) post-McNasty era (so guys like Steve and Dave Johnson are out); and (2) Warrick and Jerami Grant are excepted.

Here are some OTOH:

1. The Flynn soul-stealing of Rosario in the RAC;
2. Melo's up and under against Texas in the Final Four:
3. Fair against Gtown in OT of the last "real" BET Final; and
4. McCroskey dunking on a UConn player while down about 20 (of course, Louie, being Louie, talked junk).

Warrick against ND.

Off a pump fake, that the defender didn’t jump for. So he just dunked over him. Leading to the greatest Raftery call ever...”Bring your lunch!!!” Lol.

Friggin ridiculous.

Dennis Lattimore. Hak abused him. Lattimore : Hak = Chris Thomas : Edelin

We flat out owned some otherwise pretty good ND and WVU teams in those years.

I miss knowing that we were just a level above some really good shooting and offensive teams and would handle them every single time. We’d score 80-90 against them at will.

Warrick’s spin move dunk against ND at the Dome in 2003 was awesome too because it really started our comeback. I was at that one. Crowd took a second or two to really explode, almost like they were processing how awesome it was first. It wasn’t one of those anticipated dunks you could see coming. Place got LOUD after that. Edelin’s steal off the press followed by a GMac jumper had the place going nuts too.

The Dave Johnson dunk vs Georgetown that started that comeback was the best I saw live! Warrick final four was greatness and all his ND dunks. Herman Harried had some great ones. CJ vs Georgetown is one of my favs because it was the last one and what happened the previous week. Suck it Hoyas!

Jerami Grant had the fastest arm speed dunks. Apparently so fast that they were not as appreciated. But they should have been. Probably one of the best highlight guys of all.

None of these choices are wrong. But that McCroskey dunk may have been the best "dunk". However, I have never been able to find any documentation that it even happened. Definitely a good thing considering the game that it happened in. If the game turned a different way, we would all be remembering that one. Definitely the best "dunk". We all just wanted no rememberence of that game. So if it didnt happen, my vote is for Hak's flat footed dunk against ND. Honorable mention goes to CJ and Flynn

This then all the rest. This is indisputably thw greatest dunk in syracuse history.
Watched a short video about the 2003 final 4, and GMac referenced this dunk. He said they gave it a nickname but he couldn't say it on camera. I'm assuming it's something along the lines of 'The Tyrannical Teabagging of Royal Ivey'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom