Best football head coach in the ACC? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Best football head coach in the ACC?

Do the Randy fans out there remember what Maryland did before they fired the Fridge and brought Edsall in? They won 10 games. How did Randy follow that up? With 2. As far as the MD staff, the only thing Locksley does better than GM is punch out other coaches. Best coach? Cutliffe, Duke has no history no facilities, no $$$ support and they are going bowling two years straight. Weak OOC sked help that? Sure and we should copy it! Love Shafer, I think he is doing a good job and will get better.

Shafer may yet pan out, but just look at those numbers. We are in the top-5 in conference in total AD revenues, and we pay rock bottom for our football coaches. Folks should keep that in mind when they get up in arms about the team and program.
For the sake of comparison, what did Marrone make last year? Have to think Shafer's low pay is because 1) he was promoted from within, and 2) he's never been a head coach before. I assume Marrone would have been a bit higher on the list last year, right?

FAKE EDIT BECAUSE I JUST LOOKED IT UP: Holy cow, Marrone only made 1.3 last year, too. So I guess Shafer can't be looking forward to a raise anytime soon.

For the sake of comparison, what did Marrone make last year? Have to think Shafer's low pay is because 1) he was promoted from within, and 2) he's never been a head coach before. I assume Marrone would have been a bit higher on the list last year, right?

FAKE EDIT BECAUSE I JUST LOOKED IT UP: Holy cow, Marrone only made 1.3 last year, too. So I guess Shafer can't be looking forward to a raise anytime soon.

What we don't know is what they offered Marrone to stay.