Best part of tonight...Shhhhhh... | Syracusefan.com

Best part of tonight...Shhhhhh...

cuseincincy

All Conference
...was how quiet a sold out arena could be. It was amazing how raucous and loud the crowd was as UC was bombing 3's or when Yancy threw down his dunk only to go silent seconds later when they realized they were behind or tied after all they had done. Was never nervous even early. SU got to the rim at will early and I knew UC would eventually start missing some 3's. Only disappointment was wanting to see Dion have good game. Oh well, I look forward to watching him and the rest of the team on HD instead of live. This was a great win. Yancy Gates was a ridiculous mismatch and its a credit to the defense that they couldn't feed him more often. Lastly, tonight really made me look forward to the player Rak is going to become next year. It should also help him as this season goes on to see a few more minutes than he has been. Probably couldn't hear it on TV but the "Scooooooop" cheer was heard throughout the game, not as loud as usual but still there.

Rak needs to get some low post moves, he has a big presence down low but plays too small. Get the guy on the blocks, flash to the ball, jump hooks, seals, one dribble drop steps, Mieken drill damit!! Xmas will be a good one. It will come.

Big kids are so raw these days, ridiculously athletic but raw.

Rak needs to get some low post moves, he has a big presence down low but plays too small. Get the guy on the blocks, flash to the ball, jump hooks, seals, one dribble drop steps, Mieken drill damit!! Xmas will be a good one. It will come.

I would just teach kids the drop step baby hook with both hands. If you're big and athletic and have that move you can dominate.

He shows flashes at times when he gets it in just the right position but I agree that I would like to see it more often.

I would just teach kids the drop step baby hook with both hands. If you're big and athletic and have that move you can dominate.

I like what I see from DC2 in this area, he just needs to watch the weight and get used to bigger, athletic guys. If Fab leaves, you could see Rak/DC/Dirty/Triche/ Waiters or MCW

I like what I see from DC2 in this area, he just needs to watch the weight and get used to bigger, athletic guys. If Fab leaves, you could see Rak/DC/Dirty/Triche/ Waiters or MCW
Don't forget CJ. He's more likely to start than JSouth imo. And as you hometowners have mentioned Cooney is ridiculous. We got there about an hour early for warmups. I swear the kid hit 8 3's in a row without moving the net. Missed one then hit the next 5. At one point my son said "Dad, the net moved that time." Anybody that can shoot like that will have to be on the floor, I don't care if he's got 5 all americans in front of him.

Don't forget CJ. He's more likely to start than JSouth imo. And as you hometowners have mentioned Cooney is ridiculous. We got there about an hour early for warmups. I swear the kid hit 8 3's in a row without moving the net. Missed one then hit the next 5. At one point my son said "Dad, the net moved that time." Anybody that can shoot like that will have to be on the floor, I don't care if he's got 5 all americans in front of him.
I just think Southerland starts because the spot open is the 3. Id rather have CJ as the backup 3/4 than as the starting 3. Cooney will be our shooter off the bench so Southerland fits alot better than CJ at the vacant KJo spot.

We need to work on (theme warning) our post entry passes before any of that really happens in volume. Our halfcourt offense is nearly 100% predicated by a series of high ball screens (most of the time without a roll by the bigs). Hard to develop a post game from that type of offense.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom