Best seed for us in NCAA tournament. | Syracusefan.com

Best seed for us in NCAA tournament.

blust2i3d4

Starter
I think it is 6, 7, 10 and 11. That way, we will avoid Virginia and Duke until elite eight. I think this team can beat any other teams besides the healthy Duke and Virginia. If we were seeded 8th or 9th, we might go home in the first week.

I think it is 6, 7, 10 and 11. That way, we will avoid Virginia and Duke until elite eight. I think this team can beat any other teams besides the healthy Duke and Virginia. If we were seeded 8th or 9th, we might go home in the first week.
I find it a little silly that we worry about the 8/9 as if we're a shoe-in to win that game.

6 would take a small miracle, beating UVA and 2-3 games in the ACCT. 7 would take beating Wake, Clemson, and 2-3 games in the ACCT. 8/9 we obviously want to avoid, but that would be Wake, Clemson, and 1-2 games in ACCT. 10/11 would be two of Wake/Clemson/first ACCT game.

If Cuse is a 8/9 seed we will not be in the same bracket as Duke or Virginia if they are the #1 seed. NCAA tries to keep conference teams from playing each other in the first and second rounds.

Look on the bright side. If we lose to UVA and either Wake or Clemson we will likely fall enough to be out of the 8/9 seed and into a 10 or 11. And the ACC tourney is turning into a curse -- total opposite of the BET.

I have a sneaky feeling our bracket is going to look like this.
Salt Lake City
1. Gonzaga
16. Tomato Can
8. Washington
9. Syracuse
Sign me up. I think we would match up well with UW and of any of the potential 1 seeds, I would favor playing Gonzaga over UVA/Duke/Kentucky

If Cuse is a 8/9 seed we will not be in the same bracket as Duke or Virginia if they are the #1 seed. NCAA tries to keep conference teams from playing each other in the first and second rounds.

They may try to avoid it but it has become more common than it used to for conference mates to meet int he second round. See us and Marquette a few years back. Also Uconn and Cincinnati played in the second round a year or so before.

ACC is likely to send 9 teams this year. So it is possible that some teams meet in the earlier rounds.

They may try to avoid it but it has become more common than it used to for conference mates to meet int he second round. See us and Marquette a few years back. Also Uconn and Cincinnati played in the second round a year or so before.

Us and Marquette and Uconn/Cinci were the same year, the year the Big East sent 11.

Don't forget about a healthy UNC. Unfortunately they have our dang number

Sign me up. I think we would match up well with UW and of any of the potential 1 seeds, I would favor playing Gonzaga over UVA/Duke/Kentucky
That's a fact! Id take Gonzaga anyday of the week over those 3. Particularly a healthy DUKE : There my Favorite to cut down the nets' as much as it pains me to say that"
Good news for all them duke and kentuckys loading on one and dones crazy talented players. There goin straight to the nba! more of a level playing field :)

I hope we get the Tomato Can!
You can bet if SU and Wash are legitimately within 3 or 4 seed lines of each other that we'll get the matchup we've all been waiting for... or dreading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom