Best Thing You Will Watch Today: Fran Brown Surprises Longest SU Season Ticket Holder | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best Thing You Will Watch Today: Fran Brown Surprises Longest SU Season Ticket Holder

Well, TBF - that was decades ago, when mobile non-cash payment options literally didn't exist.

And also, long before a global pandemic led to rapid development and proliferation of touchless / cashless payment options.

I was at the Foo Fighters concert at CitiField on Fri nite. (driveby humblebrag alert!)
Everything is cashless.
And it is faster, and 1000x easier that way.
So jealous. I was at the Wednesday night show that got rained out halfway through. Seeing the awesome end to the show Friday just hurts.

Great video - Coach Fran visits with a CNY legend. Lots of us CNY lifers will remember Sen. Lombardi and his years of service. When he ran for office, his signs just said "Tarky". How many people running for office just put their first name on a sign? Of course, how many people running for office have the first name "Tarky"? God bless them both!

View attachment 243144
Wow, I had no idea that Tarly was still with us. Almost 95 and has “All of his Marbles”

Tarky was phenomenal. “Donuts!” What great energy.

Fran…wasn’t great. Needs to smile a lot more. One laugh/smile and then went into his modes.He seemed like he was going through the motions. Needs to wear a Syracuse item, not one from the creative agency that did the piece.
Agree but it’s just kind of how he is. Don’t think he smiles much until the job is done. He doesn’t fake it. Def needs to rock some Cuse merch.

Agree but it’s just kind of how he is. Don’t think he smiles much until the job is done. He doesn’t fake it. Def needs to rock some Cuse merch.
Aye , he is definitely not the Coach Mac type. Some what soft spoken at times but has a very strong believability when he’s talking. (Is that a word ? ) You can see why he can recruit .

Tarky was phenomenal. “Donuts!” What great energy.

Fran…wasn’t great. Needs to smile a lot more. One laugh/smile and then went into his modes.He seemed like he was going through the motions. Needs to wear a Syracuse item, not one from the creative agency that did the piece.
Good call out on the merch.

I'm amazed at how the two communicated w each other. It felt like a masterclass in listening, relating, bonding, even the body language. Really cool.

I got sucked in with the video intro of the oldest season ticket holder, thinking it was just a feel good story of an older SU fan. Tarky Lombardi - a true legend in Syracuse politics. He loves the City and University and wonderful to hear his optimism for Fran and the program. Tarky and I both agree on the best moment in Dome football history was beating Nebraska that year.

Aye , he is definitely not the Coach Mac type. Some what soft spoken at times but has a very strong believability when he’s talking. (Is that a word ? ) You can see why he can recruit .
Mac could be a real ball breaker too and could spit venom. He wasn't always Santa Claus 24-7. I think his reputation is built on the video snippets of him saying "Gawd Love ya!"

i think Mac and Fran could be very similar. It's touching people and meeting them halfway as individuals. This is the first time IMO we have had a coach who really can make those relationships feel authentic.