Best Zone, best historical zone personnel? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best Zone, best historical zone personnel?

South over CJ? I don't think so. I think you'll see JBs answer on Saturday when you see CJ defending the Canadian's hot spot, the place where that Canadian has launched over 40 3s will be guarded and shaded by CJ.

They'll switch, I'm sure.

It's only been about 6 weeks since Fair stopped getting lost and giving up the baseline three times a game. He's come into his own now and we're lucky to have him.

Southerland was terrible for a month after his suspension, but overall he's been our best wing defender for these past two years and he's been incredible since the second Seton Hall game.

I'm not seeing the Wes thought process here. I thought he rebounded terribly - didn't box out much and got pushed around easily because he was so thin. He's one of those guys who always jumped higher than everyone else so he got a lot of rebounds through sheer physical ability and not fundamentals. He was long and could contest shots though.

Agree to an extent. His positioning wasn't very good.

Went after rebounds with gusto, though, and his quickness helped him a lot.

I'm not seeing the Wes thought process here. I thought he rebounded terribly - didn't box out much and got pushed around easily because he was so thin. He's one of those guys who always jumped higher than everyone else so he got a lot of rebounds through sheer physical ability and not fundamentals. He was long and could contest shots though.
I disagree.

He averaged 8.5 rebounds per game his only year at Syracuse. For comparison purposes, CJ averages 7.0 a game and JS 5.2.

Wes' 8.5 rpg is more than any SU forward in the past 8 years. The only SU player to average more rebounds in that period is Rick Jackson, who put up 10.3 rpg his senior season.

I disagree.
He averaged 8.5 rebounds per game his only year at Syracuse. For comparison purposes, CJ averages 7.0 a game and JS 5.2.
Wes' 8.5 rpg is more than any SU forward in the past 8 years. The only SU player to average more rebounds in that period is Rick Jackson, who put up 10.3 rpg his senior season.

And if he had boxed out, he would have numbers closer to Rick. I'm just joking (mostly). I was simply going by memory of Wes. Maybe he was as good as the numbers show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom