BET announcing teams | Syracusefan.com

BET announcing teams

jdubs30

Living Legend
According to espnmediazone.com:

BIG EAST: Sean McDonough, Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery and Andy Katz will pair up to call eight BIG EAST games, including the semifinals and championship. Mike Patrick andLen Elmore will work the remaining five games.

Saturday: Bilas/Raf/McDonough
Friday (2 games): Bilas/Raf/McDonough
Thursday (4 games): Bilas/Raf/McDonough will call both night games; Elmore/Patrick will call both afternoon games
Wednesday (4 games): Bilas/Raf/Mcdonough will call both night games; Elmore/Patrick will call both afternoon games

Tuesday (2 games): Elmore/Patrick will call the 7PM game, Bilas/Raf/McDonough will call the 9PM game

So we get Mikey Patrick for our first two games. Wonderful.

So we get Mikey Patrick for our first two games. Wonderful.
I look forward to him gushing (hopefully not literally) about slightly above average bounce passes.

Ugh. Has there ever been a good day session pairing? I can't recall.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Great Mike Patrick- every call against Cuse will be a good call and every call for them will be a bad call .. and I think at one point in 04 we had like a ten game losing streak when Lenny would call our games..

According to espnmediazone.com:

BIG EAST: Sean McDonough, Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery and Andy Katz will pair up to call eight BIG EAST games, including the semifinals and championship. Mike Patrick andLen Elmore will work the remaining five games.

Saturday: Bilas/Raf/McDonough
Friday (2 games): Bilas/Raf/McDonough
Thursday (4 games): Bilas/Raf/McDonough will call both night games; Elmore/Patrick will call both afternoon games
Wednesday (4 games): Bilas/Raf/Mcdonough will call both night games; Elmore/Patrick will call both afternoon games

Tuesday (2 games): Elmore/Patrick will call the 7PM game, Bilas/Raf/McDonough will call the 9PM game
I wonder who Mike Patrick ticked off at ESPN, he always did the ACC games up until this year, and we have had on the call of 3 SU games this year SU@UL W, SU@Pitt L, PC@SU W, and while I don't care for his Holy Cows, I thought he was an ACC homer thru and thru, but I wonder if he is being phased out at the WWL?

I wonder who Mike Patrick ticked off at ESPN, he always did the ACC games up until this year, and we have had on the call of 3 SU games this year SU@UL W, SU@Pitt L, PC@SU W, and while I don't care for his Holy Cows, I thought he was an ACC homer thru and thru, but I wonder if he is being phased out at the WWL?

I'm praying this means Patrick/Elmore are going to be traded for McDonough/Bilas/Raftery starting the 2013-14 season.

Hope those three are announcing ACC games for the next 50 years.

I'm praying this means Patrick/Elmore are going to be traded for McDonough/Bilas/Raftery starting the 2013-14 season.

Hope those three are announcing ACC games for the next 50 years.

There's no way that Mcd/Bilas/Raf are doing the America 12 Conference next year.

The New BE is on Fox.

I wonder what ESPN will do for Big Monday? Maybe its Big Ten, Big XII doubleheader keeping to the "Big" theme. I also think FOX is definitely going to have use the new Big East on Mondays next year, but I don't think the TV ratings would beat the B1G or ACC if they are in that slot. I just hope McD, Raf, Bilas continue calling SU games they are by far the best combo calling college basketball and its not close. Also, the dude from AA during his draft in Richard Deitsch's media article on SI drafted these 3 for his no.1 booth in the media draft.

Edit: here is the article Yoder from AA absolutely kills it. Even though I love Gus Johnson, and Doris Burke at 5 is the biggest reach of alltime. She is good, but nowhere near top 10 pick.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...llege-basketball-broadcaster-draft/index.html

dave pasch and doris burke were not terrible for the day games

Patrick isn't that bad. Elmore is awful. He doesn't like Cuse and he hates the zone. He spends the entire game spouting about how to attack the zone imploring the other team to beat it. Why doesn't he just go into coaching instead of broadcasting?

Actually, McDonough/Bilas/Raf used to do the day sessions up until a few years ago. Shulman/Elmore used to do the night sessions. Then they moved Shulman/Elmore to the ACC.

I wonder what ESPN will do for Big Monday? Maybe its Big Ten, Big XII doubleheader keeping to the "Big" theme. I also think FOX is definitely going to have use the new Big East on Mondays next year, but I don't think the TV ratings would beat the B1G or ACC if they are in that slot. I just hope McD, Raf, Bilas continue calling SU games they are by far the best combo calling college basketball and its not close. Also, the dude from AA during his draft in Richard Deitsch's media article on SI drafted these 3 for his no.1 booth in the media draft.

Edit: here is the article Yoder from AA absolutely kills it. Even though I love Gus Johnson, and Doris Burke at 5 is the biggest reach of alltime. She is good, but nowhere near top 10 pick.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...llege-basketball-broadcaster-draft/index.html

Best of the bunch:

10. McClure: Doug Gottlieb, (CBS Sports, studio analyst): I need an in-studio foil to challenge and ridicule Sir Charles when he discusses Creighton star Doug McDormond and Arizona head coach Shane Miller, so Gottlieb is my guy. He also manages to walk the fine line between reasonableness and absurdity with his takes so that you're convinced he just might be onto something.

Only because I can totally picture Sir Charles pronouncing McDermott's name that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom