BET Not Sold Out | Syracusefan.com

BET Not Sold Out

If the Johnnies get knocked out early MSG will be more than half empty for the subsequent sessions.

On the flip side, I do not think SU ever sold out their ACCT allotment.

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 8m
Bad news: Big East Tournament is not sold out. Good news: Creighton fans have bought 2,100 packages, most of any school.

The times they are a changing...

I assumed that one of the teams from the flyover states would bring a large contingent the first year. However, once the novelty has worn off and the dollars and distance are the same, I expect fewer Blue Jay fans in the future. It will be interesting to see the attendance figures 3-5 years from now.

Bad news: Big East Tournament is not sold out. Good news: Creighton fans have bought 2,100 packages, most of any school.

The New Big East needs a new location more in keeping with the new lineup.

Omaha Nebraska come on down!

There will be at least 150 from Georgetown, 500 from Nova, 95 from Marquette, 800 from Providence, 15 from Seton Hall, and 6 from DePaul.

There were none available when I went to the website to check this week.

That's pathetic by Nova "fans". Close proximity, but you're letting a team in the Midwest dominate NYC? Champagne SuperNova.

Not only is it pathetic that it isn't sold out, but the school that bought the most packages is the furthest away. And this is probably an "up" year for what that conference will ultimately be.

Who the F wants to eat at Denny's? I can stay home and eat at Friendly's. ;)

Not only is it pathetic that it isn't sold out, but the school that bought the most packages is the furthest away. And this is probably an "up" year for what that conference will ultimately be.

This is a vacation for those people in Omaha. Time to see the BIG CITY. Pack em up, Jed!

There were none available when I went to the website to check this week.

I tried this week as well to get a couple for a buddy down in Charlotte, got nothing as well

IthacaBarrel said:
I tried this week as well to get a couple for a buddy down in Charlotte, got nothing as well

Did we send them back? I got another email late last week asking if I wanted any. Maybe in the end we got rid of the last ones. But teams sometimes send them back to be bought by other schools. Don't know how the ACC does it.

Did we send them back? I got another email late last week asking if I wanted any. Maybe in the end we got rid of the last ones. But teams sometimes send them back to be bought by other schools. Don't know how the ACC does it.
I won't make this mistake next year.

Will buy as many as I can...then stubhub.

Wouldn't be surprised if MSG buys them out and the BE goes to Prudential Center(Newark) or Wells Fargo Center(Philly).

I assumed that one of the teams from the flyover states would bring a large contingent the first year. However, once the novelty has worn off and the dollars and distance are the same, I expect fewer Blue Jay fans in the future. It will be interesting to see the attendance figures 3-5 years from now.
Creighton has a big fan base. I don't think this will be a one time thing.

The New Big East needs a new location more in keeping with the new lineup.

Omaha Nebraska come on down!
If, as rumored, they add a couple more Midwest schools (St Loo & Dayton have been mentioned), your suggestion may be right on.

sad times, I will miss MSG this week, to top if off, snowstorm in the city this weekend

I thought this thread was going to be about the Black Entertainment Television Network.....

Last edited:
Creighton has a big fan base. I don't think this will be a one time thing.
They were very well represented last year in Philly for the Regional of the NCAAT. Sat next to a couple Creighton fans all day who had driven the entire way overnight to follow their team.

not sure how they thought they would sell out with those schools...

Funny story, i started typing "surprised crieghton bought more than uconn and lville"... and then I remembered.

Wouldn't be surprised if MSG buys them out and the BE goes to Prudential Center(Newark) or Wells Fargo Center(Philly).

Prudential Center is a nice building. Good spot for that league.

Pretty sure the Doran's aren't total morons...gotta figure they have an attendance clause to end the contract after a couple years.