BET Projections Vol 12 - The Final Season | Syracusefan.com

BET Projections Vol 12 - The Final Season

Marsh01

Living Legend
Some movement tonight. Providence and Villanova swap spots (7-8). Marquette still keeps their chances alive of winning the regular season with a win at Rutgers tonight. Notre Dame for the moment has the 4 spot but Pittsburgh may claim that Saturday by beating DePaul. Syracuse slips to the 6 seed with Notre Dame's win tonight.

FIRST ROUND - TUESDAY MARCH 12TH

#12 SETON HALLVS. #13 SOUTH FLORIDA (7:00 - ESPNU)
#11 RUTGERS VS. #14 DEPAUL (9:30 ESPNU)

SECOND ROUND - WEDNESDAY MARCH 13TH

#8 VILLANOVAVS. #9 CINCINNATI (NOON ESPN)
#5 PITTSBURGH VS. #12 SETON HALL/#13 SOUTH FLORIDA (2:30 ESPN)
#7 PROVIDENCE VS. #10 ST. JOHNS (7:00 ESPN)
#6 SYRACUSE VS. #11 RUTGERS/#14 DEPAUL (9:30 ESPN)

QUARTERFINALS – THURSDAY MARCH 14TH

#1 GEORGETOWN VS #8 VILLANOVA/#9 CINCINNATI (NOON ESPN)
#4 NOTRE DAME VS. #5 PITTSBURGH/#12 SETON HALL/#13 SOUTH FLORIDA (2:30 ESPN)
#2 LOUISVILLE VS #7 PROVIDENCE/#10 ST. JOHNS (7:00 ESPN)
#3 MARQUETTE VS. #6 SYRACUSE/#11 RUTGERS/#14 DEPAUL (9:30 ESPN)

SEMI FINALS ARE AT 7:00 AND 9:30 PM ON FRIDAY MARCH 15TH ON ESPN
FINALS ARE AT 8:30 PM ON SATURDAY MARCH 16TH ON ESPN

CONFERENCE STANDINGS
1. GEORGETOWN 13-3 (@ VILLANOVA, SYRACUSE)
2. LOUISVILLE 13-4 (NOTRE DAME)
3. MARQUETTE 13-4 (@ ST. JOHNS)
4. NOTRE DAME 11-6 ((@ LOUISVILLE)
5. PITTSBURGH 11-6 (@ DEPAUL)
6. SYRACUSE 10-6 (DEPAUL, @ GEORGETOWN)

(9-7)
7. PROVIDENCE 9-8
8. VILLANOVA 9-8
9. CINCINNATI 8-9
10. ST. JOHNS 8-9
11. RUTGERS 4-13
12. SETON HALL 3-14
13. SOUTH FLORIDA 2-14
14. DEPAUL 2-14

Marsh who holds the tie breaker if us, Pitt and ND all finish 12-6?

Marsh who holds the tie breaker if us, Pitt and ND all finish 12-6?

I believe if that were the case it would be

4. Pitt
5. Syracuse
6. Notre Dame

I believe if that were the case it would be

4. Pitt
5. Syracuse
6. Notre Dame
Word.

I think the 6 seed would be better for us (as it stands now). I'd rather see Marquette than Pitt on Thursday. And something about Syracuse vs. Georgetown Saturday night at the Garden for the last Big East Title just seems "right"...

Word.

I think the 6 seed would be better for us (as it stands now). I'd rather see Marquette than Pitt on Thursday. And something about Syracuse vs. Georgetown Saturday night at the Garden for the last Big East Title just seems "right"...

Actually I was looking into this more. I think it depends on who wins the Big East actually.

The tie breakers for a 3 way are the mini conference thing between teams and that would mean that we are all 1-1.

Then its record vs the top team. Assuming Georgetown wins the conference it would be what teams did against Georgetown. Assuming we beat Georgetown then it would be:

Pitt (1-0)
Syracuse (1-1)
Notre Dame 0-1)

However this scenario would mean that Georgetown would NOT win the BE (if I understand it correctly) and Marquette would then win the BE (assuming they beat St Johns)

Assuming us, Pitt and ND all win out. Here is I believe how the standings would then be.

1 Marquette 14-4
2 Georgetown 14-4
3. Louisville 13-5

Marquette beat Pitt twice, beat us and also beat ND so I am assuming it would then go to Georgetown and then the tiebreakers above would apply.

Very confusing seeing the top seed has not been wrapped up yet.

Word.

Marquette still can win the conference so we will need to see how it plays out. It does seem right though and would be a pretty good thing for the conference if we both did meet one last time for the title.

Am I wrong in thinking that basically as long as ND loses to Lville on sat (which I fully expect) t hen we're the 5 seed. (Unless Pitt loses to Depaul, and we win both)

Am I wrong in thinking that basically as long as ND loses to Lville on sat (which I fully expect) t hen we're the 5 seed. (Unless Pitt loses to Depaul, and we win both)

No you are not wrong. ND losing or winning will affect our seed more than Pitt winning or losing.

No you are not wrong. ND losing or winning will affect our seed more than Pitt winning or losing.

Right, if ND wins on Sat then we'd need to win the last two to get to 12-6 and tie them to finish 6th. But as long as ND loses, and we win one, we're the 5th. I'm rooting for that since I've been making plans to go to the BET based on that scenario.

Right, if ND wins on Sat then we'd need to win the last two to get to 12-6 and tie them to finish 6th. But as long as ND loses, and we win one, we're the 5th. I'm rooting for that since I've been making plans to go to the BET based on that scenario.

If ND loses then we are either 4 or 5. If ND and Pitt lose one and we win out we are 4. If ND loses, Pitt wins and we split we are 5.

If ND loses then we are either 4 or 5. If ND and Pitt lose one and we win out we are 4. If ND loses, Pitt wins and we split we are 5.

Right. Assuming Pitt wins @Depaul, then they can't finish worse than 4. And then it comes down to us and ND; we have the tiebreaker with them, so if we finish tied or ahead of them, we're 5th, if not, we're 6th.

Do I have that?

Right. Assuming Pitt wins @Depaul, then they can't finish worse than 4. And then it comes down to us and ND; we have the tiebreaker with them, so if we finish tied or ahead of them, we're 5th, if not, we're 6th.

Do I have that?

Correct. The only way it gets messy is if Pitt wins (to finish 12-6), ND wins (to finish 12-6) and we win out (to finish 12-6). Then we have a 3 way tie and I am pretty sure it has to do then with who finishes first (as I posted earlier in the thread) because if you do the mini conference tie breaker thing between the 3 teams they still end up tied.

The problem is that Pitt doesnt play until Saturday afternoon so we really have to wait until then to really get the final standings (assuming we win, ND wins, etc).

Wouldn't mind the 6 seed just from the BET schedule. Night games on Wednesday and Thursday.

Wouldn't mind the 6 seed just from the BET schedule. Night games on Wednesday and Thursday.
Notre Dame will be about an 11 point underdog at Louisville on Saturday. They'd have to win that game for us to fall to the 6 seed

My tickets have already arrived from stubhub for the Wed and Thurs afternoon games! This thread is giving me a heart attack. COME ON VILLE!!!!! I must call my Lville nephew at once and make sure he is on this. SU must be #5!

My tickets have already arrived from stubhub for the Wed and Thurs afternoon games! This thread is giving me a heart attack. COME ON VILLE!!!!! I must call my Lville nephew at once and make sure he is on this. SU must be #5!

Root for Louisville then! I dont see ND beating them in the Yum so you should be safe.

They are going to make you wait it out because they dont play until 4:00 on Saturday. Nothing like waiting until the very end!

They are going to make you wait it out because they dont play until 4:00 on Saturday. Nothing like waiting until the very end!
My god in heaven!!! Ommmm. Ommmm. Ommmm.

Don't like either match up for us. Marquette seems to beat us 2 out of every 3. Curley's strategy of driving everything to the rim and getting to the line for 40 FT's has been very effective and JB does nothing to counter it...though I'm not sure what exactly he could do. Pitt on the other hand beats us like 9 out of 10. We just can't deal with their physical (clutch, shove, and push defense) and their interior passing just carves up the zone. Take the lesser of two evils and hope for the best.

Don't like either match up for us. Marquette seems to beat us 2 out of every 3. Curley's strategy of driving everything to the rim and getting to the line for 40 FT's has been very effective and JB does nothing to counter it...though I'm not sure what exactly he could do. Pitt on the other hand beats us like 9 out of 10. We just can't deal with their physical (clutch, shove, and push defense) and their interior passing just carves up the zone. Take the lesser of two evils and hope for the best.
Our record against marquette is actually pretty good.

If not for the NCAA loss to them, most people would consider them a favorable opponent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom