BET... | Syracusefan.com

BET...

newmexicuse

All Conference
In past seasons I have always felt there was something to prove & I really put importance on winning the BET.

This year, it feels like an afterthought. I think the W today locks us into no worse than the overall 2 seed. This year anything less than a FF would be a major disappointment. That really doesn't leave much concern for the BET.

But since we gotta play in it - here is what I would like to see:

1. Bounce back from Scoop's bad game (not that i am the least bit worried about him).

2. More of today's effectiveness from Brandon, Dirty, and Dion.

3. My only real concern is that BMK seems to be getting less & less effective. I would like to see Rak get some good run at the backup 5 spot.

4. Ah, what the heck, may as well wish for a bit more of MCW as well.

#1 goal for the BET: don't get hurt. After that, I'd agree with the others.

In past seasons I have always felt there was something to prove & I really put importance on winning the BET.

This year, it feels like an afterthought. I think the W today locks us into no worse than the overall 2 seed. This year anything less than a FF would be a major disappointment. That really doesn't leave much concern for the BET.

But since we gotta play in it - here is what I would like to see:

1. Bounce back from Scoop's bad game (not that i am the least bit worried about him).

2. More of today's effectiveness from Brandon, Dirty, and Dion.

3. My only real concern is that BMK seems to be getting less & less effective. I would like to see Rak get some good run at the backup 5 spot.

4. Ah, what the heck, may as well wish for a bit more of MCW as well.

If we win the Big East tournament we will have had the greatest season any Big East team has ever had. I, personally, think that is a very big deal, and worth playing for.

Like you I am not at all worried about Scoop. Boeheim often sets his zone up to take a particular player away. Pitino did that to us both times he played us, and that one guy was Scoop. Louisville was all over him wherever he went. That is a sign of tremendous respect, but SU is not a one man team. Scoop knows that. When the match ups work in his favor he will put his numbers up.

Yep, number two is the big one. I have literally gotten up out of my chair and screamed the last two times Southerland has hit a three. Its a big deal to get him going.

Keita is a concern. He is not good enough. Neither is Christmas. I dont see that changing in the next few games. Back up center is a weakness for this team.

Wait until next year on MCW. He will be all league.

If we win the Big East tournament we will have had the greatest season any Big East team has ever had.

I'd argue the 1995-96 UConn team, you'd argue the 2011-12 Syracuse team, and we'd just end up with pistols at dawn to settle it.

NewmexCuse when are you going to return the mission impossible signature that was your thing. We gotta use the BET as a fun tournament to win the games, and stay healthy. I would love to JB give Rakeem some minutes in this tournament as our fate is basically sealed we will be at-worst no.2 overall seed in the East, and develop some of the players so if we need them in the tourney. I loved the confidence JB gave JSoutherland yesterday letting him start the 2nd half. I think Christmas is our best post-up player I just wish he would get a chance like the Cincinnati game.

Win titles, Hang banners. I love the BET and I'm rooting hard for tourney title #6.

I think this years BET the team is playing for the record books. It is a resume filler on the season that I think they want. This year is setting the bar on what a top team can do. This will hopefully be the third component on the impressive list of what this team could do - NC, BE reg champ, BET champ - then the other good stuff along the way the huge record, the record start. Impressive stuff. One for the ages. I think people on this team are aware of what could be.

As for the BET itself. I agree for the NCAAT I would love to see Scoop back (should happen easily), the continuation of BT, Dirty, and Dion. For the future I would like to see good minutes out of MCW and see Rak with more minutes.

I think SU's focus will be there at MSG. While getting UConn in the bracket may make it a little trickier, they will have had two games prior. And either UConn or WV will have probably just punched their ticket into the NCAAT. I also think with this season the Garden will be even more filled with Orange than usual (kind of like that unreal St Johns game). That will help keep the team pumped.

normally id agree, if you already got a 1 seed wrapped up its pretty much meaningless. like 2010. but this year we're playing for history.

big east regular season champs
big east tourny champs
national champs
39 wins most ever

all in!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

I'd argue the 1995-96 UConn team, you'd argue the 2011-12 Syracuse team, and we'd just end up with pistols at dawn to settle it.

Didn't that 96 uconn team lose to Penn State?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom