Better dead than red | Syracusefan.com

Better dead than red

RF2044

Living Legend
I'm not sure that there is anyone on the forum who loathes Ohio State as much as I do.

Tonight's game has personal implications, as well -- need to bounce back in a big way and give those arrogant fans at Value City Arena cause to sit on their hands.

Let's Go Orange!!!

I'm not sure that there is anyone on the forum who loathes Ohio State as much as I do.

Tonight's game has personal implications, as well -- need to bounce back in a big way and give those arrogant fans at Value City Arena cause to sit on their hands.

Let's Go Orange!!!

I will take that bet.

I will take that bet.

I married into an Ohio State family, with numerous alums. Still waters run deep for me, especially after the debacle that was the 2012 NCAA tournament.

I'll win this bet hands down

Grew up with this moronic fanbase from like middle school on. Them and Notre Dame. Can’t stand them. HUGE game. Huge. Can’t come out in a malaise again. Will be interesting to see if they try to attack inside since they have a better version of Cobb. I’m sure Holtman was salivating watching some tape. As usual, I worry about the offense. We could be sharp defensively early on forcing them into tons of turnovers and droughts but if (a familiar story) the offense can’t take advantage and build a lead then that will be disappointing and a bad omen.

If there is ever a day to start doing shootarounds then maybe today, ha? ;)

I married into an Ohio State family, with numerous alums.
You need to get them converted from red to orange asap. I'm sure you've probably tried many times. Stubborn in-laws!

Entire family [including my wife] are OSU alums. My brother in law and his wife met there, and two of their kids went there.

Lost cause.
I guess the real question is, what the hell was going through your head?

Entire family [including my wife] are OSU alums. My brother in law and his wife met there, and two of their kids went there.

Lost cause.
Wow. If Cuse loses tonight, better do some heavy drinking to ease the pain and all the comments from your family. If they win, strut your stuff.

Which one?
1543426985225.gif

Most obnoxious fan base here in Chicago, and it's not even close.

Last edited:

Let's Go Orange!!!

I can assure everyone, no one hates OSU as much RF. (Though what's weird is that he is a huge Aaron Craft fan.)

44cuse

Lived 7 years in Dayton Ohio... It was bad enough they were always good at football but when they became good at BB it became un-sufferable

I can assure everyone, no one hates OSU as much RF. (Though what's weird is that he is a huge Aaron Craft fan.)

44cuse

My favorite!!!

The only thing worse than Aaron Craft as a college player is the memory not being allowed to fade away, given his participation in TBT these past several years.

Can't. Stand. Craft.

Honestly, if we lose to these jagoffs again tonight...

I grew up in Cincinnati and went to Ohio University, and their fans are the most obnoxious creatures I have ever encountered on this planet. Really wanna stick it to me tonight.

Let's Go Orange!!!
I grew up a Michigan football fan before I became a cuse fan. 2012s debacle put me over the top.

Last night's outcome did not exorcise the demon of 2012 -- at least not for me.

In fact, we seemed to be heading down that same trajectory with the lousy officiating last night, which heavily favored OSU and enabled them to keep the game closer than it should have been.

But it is definitely SATISFYING to overcome that BS, to play 5 vs. 8 and still win by double digits, on the road, in a game when three key players fouled out -- and we still handled them.

Kick rocks, buckeye nation!

The OSU hate is peculiar. I get it with RF as it appears to be personal, boy that's got to be some interesting familial friendly fire going on there at times. :) But we really don't have a long history with OSU, don't play them often, don't generally go head to head in recruiting, not an 'ol conference foe, etc.

I'm a Cleveland fan, not OSU, but in my younger days I was, before my dad moved us to Syracuse with GM at the time. I bleed Orange all day long and twice on Sundays, so last night was awesome. Even won a couple of bets last night with relatives who are OSU fans, one an attorney who went to Case Western Reserve just a tad outside of Murray Hill/Little Italy where a lot of family grew up once upon a time.

The OSU hate is peculiar. I get it with RF as it appears to be personal, boy that's got to be some interesting familial friendly fire going on there at times. :) But we really don't have a long history with OSU, don't play them often, don't generally go head to head in recruiting, not an 'ol conference foe, etc.

I'm a Cleveland fan, not OSU, but in my younger days I was, before my dad moved us to Syracuse with GM at the time. I bleed Orange all day long and twice on Sundays, so last night was awesome. Even won a couple of bets last night with relatives who are OSU fans, one an attorney who went to Case Western Reserve just a tad outside of Murray Hill/Little Italy where a lot of family grew up once upon a time.

Did my doctoral work at Case Western -- know that area well!

Big fan of Cleveland Heights / Murray Hill / Little Italy area.

JB seemed to like Urban Meyer. ;)

Bet UM fans want a piece of JB right now. LOL

I'll never forget the OSU/Michigan football game in 97 or 98. One of the 2 that Cooper won. They had State police and grounds crew surround the goal posts so the fans couldn't tear them down. Said fans got pissed and started pulling up chunks of sod and pelting the goal post protectors with it. Stay classy Buckeyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom