Better fit for Bulls: Carmelo or Love? | Syracusefan.com

Better fit for Bulls: Carmelo or Love?

Chad Ford's new mock draft has Ennis going to the Bulls. I wouldn't mind seeing the Iceman setting up Melo on my favorite team from my childhood.

EDIT: and more fitting, Derrick Rose's personal trainer is Rob McClanaghan.

Love is a better fit for Chicago, but getting Love would also require most likely losing Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Nikola Mirotic, and draft picks. They can just flat out sign Carmelo and keep all those other assets. That makes Melo the better option, even if he isn't necessarily the best fit.

Like Jekelish, the Bulls were my favorite team growing up as a child, and they are still the team I root for. I'm not as avid an NBA fan as I was growing up watching the Magic/Bird/Jordan matchups, but I find myself slowly regaining interest, especially with the newfound infusion of Orange talent in the league.

In summary, that was my typically long-winded way of agreeing with Jek. Ennis to Melo sounds yummy. The 'Cuse Connection!

Last edited:
All sounds good, except that I'm still a Jimmer fan, and he is on the Bulls... I would like to get to see him play sometime...

Love is a better fit for Chicago, but getting Love would also require most likely losing Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Nikola Mirotic, and draft picks. They can just flat out sign Carmelo and keep all those other assets. That makes Melo the better option, even if he isn't necessarily the best fit.

I think I would go with Melo being the better fit anyway, though once you throw that in, I think it's a no brainer.

Maybe I need to look at it as if they were both FA this summer. I just think more than anything they need a guy who can get them buckets by himself; Melo is more likely to do that than Love. Love is obviously a lot younger than Melo. I guess maybe it comes down to, if Love was a FA, what the Bulls could flip Taj Gibson for? Cause if the Bulls were ablel to sign Love, that moves Taj to the bench, and he's a good player. If they could flip him and a pick for a 3 who can score, maybe I'd say Love.

I think I would go with Melo being the better fit anyway, though once you throw that in, I think it's a no brainer.

Maybe I need to look at it as if they were both FA this summer. I just think more than anything they need a guy who can get them buckets by himself; Melo is more likely to do that than Love. Love is obviously a lot younger than Melo. I guess maybe it comes down to, if Love was a FA, what the Bulls could flip Taj Gibson for? Cause if the Bulls were ablel to sign Love, that moves Taj to the bench, and he's a good player. If they could flip him and a pick for a 3 who can score, maybe I'd say Love.
One major advantage Love has over Carmelo - Love hasn't been the playoff disappoint Melo has.

Really makes you think.

One major advantage Love has over Carmelo - Love hasn't been the playoff disappoint Melo has.

Really makes you think.

LOL true, how many playoff games has Kevin Love lost?!?!

You weren't a Cowboys and Atlanta Braves fan, as well, were you? Just want to make sure you weren't the consummate 90s band-wagoner kid.

:)

Haha, nope - I'm a Raiders and Mets fan. Odd mix, but I've stuck with every team through the ups and downs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom