Better Late Than Never Sunday practice report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Better Late Than Never Sunday practice report

[quote=" IMHO George Morris III has a chance to be a very special Orangeman.[/quote]

Are we talking #44 special? :)

Everytime GM3 was handed the ball there was air of excitement that something special could happen. That hasn't happened for a very, very long time up on the hill. Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, Larry Csonka, Jim Nance, Joe Morris gave you that same feeling in different measures. IMHO George Morris III has a chance to be a very special Orangeman.

Mike Hart used to have that feeling about him too.

Terrific report -- thanks.

Lots of positives from new guys filling gaps or pushing the veterans. And maybe one of the QBs will prove to be good enough to get by?

Mike Hart used to have that feeling about him too.
Where? When he played in high school?

Hart was a very good college RB but he certainly didn't have break away speed at the college level.

I did not see Ben Lewis (#84) at practice. Maybe I missed him but I looked for him because of the praise he was getting during the Ft Drum camp. Anybody have the answer?

I did not see Ben Lewis (#84) at practice. Maybe I missed him but I looked for him because of the praise he was getting during the Ft Drum camp. Anybody have the answer?

I belive he's out for the spring with an injury.

What does this mean?

It means that he used to have that feeling, that any time he touched the ball, he could take it to the house. It's a special quality. You don't see it very often. I saw Little when he played on the Hill and he had it, too. Just making an observation. Not looking to open up that old can of worms about whether or not Pasqualoni should have recruited him. If you're going to object that he's not a Syracuse player, so why bring him up, well he was a local kid who many of us saw play live, and boy was he electric. I only hope George can be that good.

I didn't look for but also didn't see Antwon Bailey.

I belive he's out for the spring with an injury.

yes just scanned the P-S Report and they mention he's injured. Too bad he has the potential to be a really solid piece.

Well that's disappointing to hear.
It's not great... but the same was said at time regarding Nassib...in practice and games. He turned out ok.

It's not great... but the same was said at time regarding Nassib...in practice and games. He turned out ok.
True, except I don't remember anyone describing Ryan's motion as "not good". Quite the contrary actually.

Hopefully, with Lester's help, TH can iron out his mechanics.

True, except I don't remember anyone describing Ryan's motion as "not good". Quite the contrary actually.

I agree. The beef with Nassib, especially early in his career, was that he lacked touch on his passes and gunned in the short passes too much. Didn't throw a "catchable" ball.

I agree. The beef with Nassib, especially early in his career, was that he lacked touch on his passes and gunned in the short passes too much. Didn't throw a "catchable" ball.
Another was that he didn't go through his progressions and locked onto one reciever. Fast forward to 2013 NFL draft and all of the QB needy teams in the pros are giving him a close look.

Just saw a slice of tonight's QB Camp with Ryan at the forefront. There was some pretty funny stuff in it. I won't spoil the fun but Gruden busts Nassib's chops on a couple of issues. For his part Ryan took it in the good spirit and understood it was constructive criticism.

True. Nassib's form wasn't really questioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom