Better news:

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
2nd in the country (so far) in yards per game with 611
Nassib early leader for Heisman Trophy
12-20 on third down
50% more 1st downs than opponent
Balanced offense, as far as ball distribution

Aside from penalties, turnovers and special teams we looked AWESOME. Lol, but seriously this defense has some serious potential and if we can establish any semblence of a running game then this offense could take off. NW should send us and the sideline ref thank you notes for this game.

Plus, as awful a loss as it is, it makes me feel better about some of the games down the road where I didn't expect SU to win.

To think that we put up the offensive numbers we did today without Lemon, and rarely using ashton...im pretty stoked, It aucks that we lost, and we have most likely a loss next week as well...but itz hard not to think what this team is capable of offensively. We were also missing Pugh, and tne line performed well.

You think Barkley will have a better first week? AZ, you're off bro

well i was meaning over the course of the year...but while i dont think Barkley will throw it 65 times, i do think he will have a huge game (and season). i'd be shocked if he doesnt win the heisman.

Aside from penalties, a fluke ball batted in the air, Smith's failure to cover his own fumble, and the punt coverage team, we looked AWESOME. Lol, but seriously this defense has some serious potential and if we can establish any semblence of a running game then this offense could take off. NW should send us and the sideline ref thank you notes for this game.

Fixed it. And, uh, I believe this offense did take off without a run game.

Fixed it. And, uh, I believe this offense did take off without a run game.
True, I would just like us to be able to run it as well, but if we put aerial numbers like that every game then im cool with it.

Temper this with northwestern having one of the worst secondaries in the country

Not true. Paul Hornung won the Heisman in 1958 for a 2-8 Notre Dame team. Jim Brown should have won it that year.
I was about to post this. But it was 1956.

How do we know that NW is one of the worst defenses in the country when this was the first game??? I am disappointed with the loss too, but lets give the Syracuse team some credit... geez, do we always have to undervalue our team so much? If we have any success its always got to be because the other team is so bad... I for one am sick of hearing the whining. We put up 600 yards of Offense and I still heard people complaining about the Offense on the way out of the Dome. I am embarrassed that we have fans that are so out of touch with reality.

The facts are that Syracuse outplayed NW today but made too many critical mistakes. It happens... I think that if we play like this on Offense and Defense the rest of the season, there is no way that this team will be home for the holidays...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom