better spread a wide net | Syracusefan.com

better spread a wide net

kcsu

Living Legend
Syracuse is going to need to bring in 7 or more players next year. Tl will go pro and with DC moving on we basically need to recruit an entire team +...
The staff needs to offer and pursue a minimum of 3 players at all 5 positions. I would assume a first commit stance and put them on notice as we don't have the luxury of waiting on kids at this point.

I've been saying for awhile now that we should have taken a traditional transfer or two this offseason. Let them sit for a year and develop then in 17-18 we don't have a team full of freshmen but have some guys that are older and can step in with a little more experience.

I hope I'm wrong but it's really difficult to find 4-5, let alone 6-7, guys from one graduating class that both will commit and are guys worth bringing into the program. Not saying our staff can't do it, but just that it is a real tough spot to be in and difficult plan to carry out.

Syracuse is going to need to bring in 7 or more players next year. Tl will go pro and with DC moving on we basically need to recruit an entire team +...
The staff needs to offer and pursue a minimum of 3 players at all 5 positions. I would assume a first commit stance and put them on notice as we don't have the luxury of waiting on kids at this point.

I assume we're going to get Diagne to wear orange. With Moyer in the fold, that gives us two really good forwards filling in for Roberson and Lydon. Lydon's production won't be matched obviously, but that's not too too bad. We'll have Junior Frank Howard running point and I think/hope Chukwu will come back. So the good news is that, while we still need to recruit basically a whole team of players, only about 2 of them need to be ready to play big minutes and produce at a relatively high level (not counting Diagne as a 'new' recruit, though he technically would be).

I haven't looked at the 2017 recruiting much yet, but it's clear that the backcourt (SG) is where almost all of the attention should be. The team needs a 5 star and hopefully a couple 4 stars to come in at PG and SG because it's unlikely Battle will stick around for more than a cup of coffee. Center is next. Diagne, again assuming we land him, can play PF and C, but the team really needs a solid backup center ready to go after Chukwu leaves. I'm optimistic he stays 2 years, but he could certainly bounce after one and vault Center recruiting to the forefront of importance.

Forward is where the recruiting can somewhat relax. There will still be a lack of depth, so it can't be ignored, but we don't HAVE to have a top notch recruit come in. Some lower 4 stars, or whatever, projected to stay a few years in college would be ideal, imo.

Ultimately, I want to see the coaches grab 4 or 5 recruits projected to hang around for a while... who aren't 'projects'. The good thing with a big class like we're setup to grab, is that it gives the coaches the ability to truly re-do the makeup of the team. This next recruiting class might finally move us away from the high turnover levels we've seen the past few seasons.

Is there anyway we can pull a Kentucky? Get a bunch of high level kids to come by making sure they know they can come in and all start together?

Is there anyway we can pull a Kentucky? Get a bunch of high level kids to come by making sure they know they can come in and all start together?
We don't pay for our recruits so not going to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom