Better to face a winner or a loser? | Syracusefan.com

Better to face a winner or a loser?

SBU72

All Conference
In years past, it always seemed that when SU was about to face a tough opponent, that team would lose it's previous game or beat a ranked opponent. Thus when facing SU, they seemed more determined, ready, what ever and would give SU a tussle even to the point where SU would lose. So I ask, do you think it better for SU to face a team that had just lost it's previous game (and had to face the coach's rath) but be still unsure of itself OR, like Villanova, come off a big win over a ranked team and maybe over confident. Of course Villanova has the added revenge factor.

In years past, it always seemed that when SU was about to face a tough opponent, that team would lose it's previous game or beat a ranked opponent. Thus when facing SU, they seemed more determined, ready, what ever and would give SU a tussle even to the point where SU would lose. So I ask, do you think it better for SU to face a team that had just lost it's previous game (and had to face the coach's rath) but be still unsure of itself OR, like Villanova, come off a big win over a ranked team and maybe over confident. Of course Villanova has the added revenge factor.

I made a similar post last night.

Ultimately, I think we [as fans] tend to overestimate the psychology aspect of the game. Hope our kids come ready to play and take care of the things that they can control. If we play well, we can definitely get out of Philly with a "W." If we play poorly, there is no doubt that we can lose, as evidenced by their game last night.

I made a similar post last night.

Ultimately, I think we [as fans] tend to overestimate the psychology aspect of the game. Hope our kids come ready to play and take care of the things that they can control. If we play well, we can definitely get out of Philly with a "W." If we play poorly, there is no doubt that we can lose, as evidenced by their game last night.

i agree.. nova could come out focused but also loose as they just notched a key win for their season.. it could work either way. what it really comes down to is our guys having fresh legs and coming out aggressive right outta the gate to put them away early.

Winners can get fat dumb and happy.

Losers can get angry and motivated.

Give me the winner every time.

I think that Villy winning last night could only be a positive for us. If there was any overconfidence (not saying that there is) that should be eliminated by what Villanova did to Louisville last night.

I texted my buddy after the game last night that "at least they (villanova) won't feel so bad when we beat them on Sat because they just got their Good win against lville"

RF's probably right that we overplay the importance of these things, but I'm solidly behind this answer.

Winners can gain confidence and build momentum

Losers can stop believing and start a downward spiral.

Give me Syracuse every WarDamnOtto time. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom