Betting Question: not a bettor, but my nostalgia and | Syracusefan.com

Betting Question: not a bettor, but my nostalgia and

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
joy over my Orioles (fan for 53 seasons) has me wanting to place a wee bet on them winning the WS. I saw the were +600. (Of course, then I have delusions of grandeur and think about placing $1000.00 bet)
What do folks think of the odds? Can I get better? Is there anyway to hedge the bet so I win something if they just get to the WS?
Thanks in advance

joy over my Orioles (fan for 53 seasons) has me wanting to place a wee bet on them winning the WS. I saw the were +600. (Of course, then I have delusions of grandeur and think about placing $1000.00 bet)
What do folks think of the odds? Can I get better? Is there anyway to hedge the bet so I win something if they just get to the WS?
Thanks in advance
You can get odds on winning the pennant

At my book the Orioles are +650 to win the WS and +250 to win the AL. I think those odds are fair. You can't parlay the two because you can't do the second (WS) without winning the first (AL). In essence a parlay is to bet that they win the WS. Just my opinion I'd stick to the AL because ATL appears to be a handful this year.

I placed several bets at the start of the season on the Orioles win total of 77.5 and 78. They hit that # on August 23rd. I also placed five different small bets on Baltimore winning the AL back in late April. Three of the bets were at +4000 and two were at +5000. Now I'm thinking about how to hedge because the playoffs are a crapshoot and I'm concerned about the bullpen without Bautista.

I have to give u a small amount of the credit as you were talking up the Orioles farm system at the start of last season so that made me look into it further. Good luck!

Can I parlay(?) the two.
I doubt it.If they win the World Series they obviously would of won the pennant, so it wouldn’t make sense for the books to allow such a thing.

Just bet something smaller like 10-20$ keeps the fun and if it doesn’t happen it’s not a huge deal.

you can parlay it.. many sites you can do open ended parlays..

but if nothing else bet the first result and roll it into the 2nd result.

the main issue is that the odds will go down after result one.

but many places will not let you parlay the 2 things as the odds are baked into the 2nd event already

you can parlay it.. many sites you can do open ended parlays..

but if nothing else bet the first result and roll it into the 2nd result.

the main issue is that the odds will go down after result one.

but many places will not let you parlay the 2 things as the odds are baked into the 2nd event already
You can’t parlay that bet because the World Series bet automatically means you won the pennant bet.Like you said though you could bet the pennant and take those winnings and bet the World Series.