Bielema to Arkansas per Yahoo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bielema to Arkansas per Yahoo

i thought it was a joke that blyleven made the hall of fame, now he's coaching football in the SEC? what the hell?!?

Greatest whiffleball pitcher of all time. Needed a new challenge.

i thought it was a joke that blyleven made the hall of fame, now he's coaching football in the SEC? what the hell?!?
Hey, stop picking on us!
Our national color is Orange... how bad can we be? :)

Actually makes sense, no offense to Wisconsin but that program is pretty much at the Apex of what it can achieve. Not knocking them in anyway but I dont see Wisconsin contending for a National Title anytime soon. Arkansas will pretty much open the vault for football and with it being the SEC your always in it.
Ya especially coming from talent rich Arkansas.

Tressel would be the best fit for Wiscy, but the show-cause clause has 3 years left. Feel bad for Pitt, but this also makes me realize how great Cincinnati has been at hiring good coaches (D'Antonio, Kelly, Jones).

What an interesting hire this is, a bottom SEC school taking from the Big 10 champ. Granted, the hogs weren't as bad as Smith coached them into being but this goes to show a little thin skin and wanting your cash now... because you can always be fired in a year or two. That golden boy image lasts only as long as your last win.

I gather his buyout at Wisconsin was "only" $1 million, pocket change for a big SEC school. He had better negotiate a big severance, though, as SEC schools aren't exactly patient with their coaches. That's the toughest conference in the country, and if you don't win right away, you're dog food.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom