Big 10 Football on Friday nights? | Syracusefan.com

Big 10 Football on Friday nights?

Don't let SEC and southern ACC team fans see this article. They believe so strongly in their tradition that they believe the networks will never ask them to play on Friday night, or any other time not named Saturday.

I just hope this doesn't alter Oklahoma's plans...
This may actually be a Delaney stealth move (taking a page from Swofford). The article plainly cites B1G matchups as undesirable and moving them to Friday night (insert Wednesday and Thursday nights, too), freeing up slots on Saturday. The B1G needs more marquis names following their latest additions!

Mark it down! OU to B1G imminent. Unless things change.

This would be a really desperate move on their part. Can't blame them though; their product is looking like the worst of the power 5 conferences.
Serious question: what are the numbers like for Friday night games? If it makes money, is it really a bad idea since that is the purpose of the BTN?

The lower conferences have made money and ESPN makes money from these games.

It would be content for their BTN or maybe ESPN/FS1 of undesirable games as Marsh just said. Indiana-Rutgers isn't going to be on national TV or Purdue-Maryland moving these games to Friday would get them national coverage. Its why playing 1 Friday game a year isn't a bad thing for Syracuse just to get our game in a window where the whole country is atleast partially paying attention. I wouldn't like to play our best games on Friday, but Syracuse-Wake Forest or Syracuse-Pittsburgh on a Friday wouldn't be that bad.

Serious question: what are the numbers like for Friday night games? If it makes money, is it really a bad idea since that is the purpose of the BTN?

The lower conferences have made money and ESPN makes money from these games.
I'm sure they'll draw decent ratings. I just feel like the fans of the power conferences always have looked down on the Big East and now the ACC for having games on Thursdays nights. Now the Big Ten is doing it so it only seems fair that they take some heat for putting football on a night that nobody else is touching.

I'm sure they'll draw decent ratings. I just feel like the fans of the power conferences always have looked down on the Big East and now the ACC for having games on Thursdays nights. Now the Big Ten is doing it so it only seems fair that they take some heat for putting football on a night that nobody else is touching.
Remember, the Big East led the way in Thursday night games, everyone laughed. Once they saw the ratings, everyone wanted in on the gig!

Alsacs said:
It would be content for their BTN or maybe ESPN/FS1 of undesirable games as Marsh just said. Indiana-Rutgers isn't going to be on national TV or Purdue-Maryland moving these games to Friday would get them national coverage. Its why playing 1 Friday game a year isn't a bad thing for Syracuse just to get our game in a window where the whole country is atleast partially paying attention. I wouldn't like to play our best games on Friday, but Syracuse-Wake Forest or Syracuse-Pittsburgh on a Friday wouldn't be that bad.
exactly I always have the Friday night game on and maybe not always full attention but watch a lot every week

I would rarely watch a Friday night game, unless it involved SU. But I love Thursday night games.

Rutgers at Iowa come on down!!!
Obviously you are unaware of the fact that one of these schools is located just minutes from the nation's largest metro and TV market. I just can't remember which one...

I have a better one: rutgers vs maryland :eek::eek::eek:
Only thing better than that is Maryland at Rutgirls on a Friday Night...bet its a Friday Night....ohhh and it is. Get the Clark Bars out boys!

Only thing better than that is Maryland at Rutgirls on a Friday Night...bet its a Friday Night...ohhh and it is. Get the Clark Bars out boys!
Halloween that is...Trick or Treat, Smell those feet, Terps and Knights are such good sheep!

Van111 said:
Halloween that is...Trick or Treat, Smell those feet, Terps and Knights are such good sheep!
Indiana would destroy them

I know I should be posting on the dumpster fire thread but how many does Buttgers when next season?

I hope this happens just to see another one of townie's certainties be proven wrong