big 10 laying an egg | Syracusefan.com

big 10 laying an egg

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Only bowl win so far belongs to Nebraska. (Thanks to a dropped pass). Even if you include Maryland and The Girls...Sparty is off yo a shaky start and I think Clemson beats Ohio State. Ouch. Yet in big 10 land they'll have you know that their league is the best. Glad Cuse could do its part.

Yup. B1G is steadily falling to the worst of the Power 5 football conferences. Nebraska had no business beating an Aaron Murray-less UGA. The Dawgs handed the B1G their only win.

From top to bottom I think the Pac 12 is the best conference. SEC a close 2nd and the rest are battling for 3rd and 3rd isn't close

From top to bottom I think the Pac 12 is the best conference. SEC a close 2nd and the rest are battling for 3rd and 3rd isn't close
I think the ACC is well positioned to take that 3rd spot but like you said, 3rd is far behind the SEC and PAC.

1-6 if you include the new additions. The worst of the power 5 conferences and it's not even close.

Stanford is going to end up mauling these guys.

Crazy to me that msu is rated 4th and had a dog fight in their last game with Minny winning only 14-3.

MSU's D is legit -- losing Bullough hurts. This is a really physical battle, and it's a lot of fun to watch if you appreciate how well coached these two teams are.

1-6 if you include the new additions. The worst of the power 5 conferences and it's not even close.

Amazing thing is many Big 10 fans still think they're up there with the SEC. I was shocked at how many Gopher fans were posting about losing to a team from "the weak ACC"...like the Big 10 in general their fans are living in the past. And the future is passing them by.

I think this stanford msu game will be a nail biter. Just so glad the buckeyes got dumped. Agree with conf rankings with pac 12 at top then sec.

Duke the 3rd ACC team threw that game away to Texas A & M, it was almost like they never came out for the 2nd half. That is why I like having a running QB, that 1st interception if Boone had moved in the pocket, he might have found the open man in the middle of the field.

IthacaBarrel said:
Two very well coached teams. Dantonio's teams are INGG HARDNOSED. I know we are too but his teams come to play
Loss to nd must make them sick

Loss to nd must make them sick

Agreed. The problem with Dantonio teams is he never scores a TON of points and he will find himself in plenty of rock fights every year. Which is fine, he's a great coach but he's a D guy, power run guy but he has HUGE balls as well which is strange for a guy with his systems. His teams just really execute it.

IthacaBarrel said:
Agreed. The problem with Dantonio teams is he never scores a TON of points and he will find himself in plenty of rock fights every year. Which is fine, he's a great coach but he's a D guy, power run guy but he has HUGE balls as well which is strange for a guy with his systems. His teams just really execute it.
Unless you're loaded with nfl players great defenses practice against boring offenses. Too uncertain for me, risky approach for most programs

Unless you're loaded with nfl players great defenses practice against boring offenses. Too uncertain for me, risky approach for most programs

Agreed, works for him very well though. Like I said, he's a bit different for sure

IthacaBarrel said:
Agreed, works for him very well though. Like I said, he's a bit different for sure
Bad choice to kick

Wow nice set of play calls there by Stanford.

Oh yeah and and good thing you took the 3 points two minutes ago even though you needed 7 to tie.

Jake said:
Stanford just kicked the pasqualoni BC fg. Congrats,, you still need a td.
I flashed back too