big 10 laying an egg | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

big 10 laying an egg

Shaw was absolute garbage. Now the B1G pep rally give me a break.

Anyone hear Musberger fellate the B1G by acting like they are dominating when he also brought up the Nebraska win? Lameeee

From top to bottom I think the Pac 12 is the best conference. SEC a close 2nd and the rest are battling for 3rd and 3rd isn't close

I would wait until the SEC wraps up their games before making that assessment ... PAC-12 is 6-3 and the SEC only has one loss ... if they win out you might wish to change the order.

The ACC has been embarrassing in these games and get blown out far too often. At least the Big 10 has battled and not got their butts crushed in their games. The PAC and SEC have proven to be the best so far, how has the YAAK done?

I can't stop thinking about the team that the meathead contingent on this board use as the model for SU

"If we make the FG, we need a TD. If we miss the FG, we need a TD. OK FG UNIT GO"

"Ok the game is on the line. Here's what we're going to do. First, let's make a giant pile of fat guys. They will be expecting our great running back to run the ball. So let's sneak it. NO WAIT they might expect that too. Who should get the ball?" "COACH COACH I KNOW! GIVE IT TO A WHITE TIGHT END" "I like the way you think! They'll never expect that. "

I can't stop thinking about the team that the meathead contingent on this board use as the model for SU

"If we make the FG, we need a TD. If we miss the FG, we need a TD. OK FG UNIT GO"

"Ok the game is on the line. Here's what we're going to do. First, let's make a giant pile of fat guys. They will be expecting our great running back to run the ball. So let's sneak it. NO WAIT they might expect that too. Who should get the ball?" "COACH COACH I KNOW! GIVE IT TO A WHITE TIGHT END" "I like the way you think! They'll never expect that. "

I thought the right call there could have won the game for Shaw, should have never kicked the 4 point field goal and should have definitely gotten more creative on the 4th down call

I could see OSU putting 50+ on Clemson depending on the flow of that game. Ohio State has a horrible D backfield but when you punch the Tigers in the mouth, they seem to cower. I would not be surprised to see a WV/Clemson bowl score here.

I could see OSU putting 50+ on Clemson depending on the flow of that game. Ohio State has a horrible D backfield but when you punch the Tigers in the mouth, they seem to cower. I would not be surprised to see a WV/Clemson bowl score here.

Not sure I would say they cower ... they beat UGA at full strength and I think FSU can just plow anyone they wish sans 1 or two other teams in the NCAA. The USC game baffled me but I wouldn't call Clemson soft ... I do think they have a QB and enough speed at the skill positions to give OSU fits.

Not sure I would say they cower ... they beat UGA at full strength and I think FSU can just plow anyone they wish sans 1 or two other teams in the NCAA. The USC game baffled me but I wouldn't call Clemson soft ... I do think they have a QB and enough speed at the skill positions to give OSU fits.

I agree to a point but the Georgia game was different feel. It was close and I can just see OSU jumping ahead early and not looking back. Hope I am wrong.

I agree to a point but the Georgia game was different feel. It was close and I can just see OSU jumping ahead early and not looking back. Hope I am wrong.

It all depends on how sharp Braxton Miller is. Honestly I have a hard time giving OSU a big advantage because the B1G has been so awful ... then again the ACC hasn't been much better ... except for us of course which is all that matters ... AHHH it feels good :)

This is a big game for the ACC. FSU winning the National Championship would boost the conference tremendously but Clemson beating OSU would signal a clear edge to the ACC in terms of national perception. Combine

Clemson and FSU wins and this conference could be poised to be taken seriously as that 3rd power conference after the SEC and Pac, especially given the recruiting of the ACC lately.

Actually the newcomers have been pretty good, Syracuse-win, Pittsburgh-win, Louisville-win, Notre Dame-win. Football schools Georgia Tech-loss, Miami-blow out loss, Virginia Tech-blow out loss, Boston College-blow out loss. Big 10 school Maryland-loss to CUSA-Marshall, basketball schools, North Carolina-win, Duke-loss, threw game away.

This is a big game for the ACC. FSU winning the National Championship would boost the conference tremendously but Clemson beating OSU would signal a clear edge to the ACC in terms of national perception. Combine

Clemson and FSU wins and this conference could be poised to be taken seriously as that 3rd power conference after the SEC and Pac, especially given the recruiting of the ACC lately.

I want Clemson to win but I don't think it's going to happen.

Same here. Clemson isn't exactly a confidence insipiring team when it comes to big games.

You mean like when they beat LSU last year ... I mean lets not put a steak in them just yet. Boyd and Watkins are special talents and I think next year they will miss them more than most realize ...

wfschrec said:
You mean like when they beat LSU last year ... I mean lets not put a steak in them just yet. Boyd and Watkins are special talents and I think next year they will miss them more than most realize ...

Or when they crapped the bed against FSU and SC this year, arguably their two biggest?

They are hard to get a read on - could go either way, I think.

Or when they crapped the bed against FSU and SC this year, arguably their two biggest?

They are hard to get a read on - could go either way, I think.

That is my point ... they had a decent shot in the SC game ... for a while I thought they might gut it out but they folded ... IMHO its FSU and maybe one or two other schools ... they are like an NFL squad out there so I don't look at that game too much.