Big 12 may stick together... | Syracusefan.com

Big 12 may stick together...

Jake

Mod
I don't know how feasible this is...but OU says it would stay in the big 12 if they replace Beebe as commissioner and new limits are put on the long Horn Network. IF, and its a BIG IF, the Big 12 stays together...it would bring expansion to a SCREEEECHING halt. Which I would gather would not be good news for Rutgers, or UCONN.

What about the 6 team BE remnants? Now that SU and Pitt are gone, the gears are turning. There won't be expansion on the same scale, but conferences are still going to gain and lose because of the current predicament.

Just a humble opinion.

I don't know how feasible this is...but OU says it would stay in the big 12 if they replace Beebe as commissioner and new limits are put on the long Horn Network. IF, and its a BIG IF, the Big 12 stays together...it would bring expansion to a SCREEEECHING halt. Which I would gather would not be good news for Rutgers, or UCONN.

You have to imagine that Texas wants the B12 to stay together, right? With their own network, they are like a mini-ND, plus they have an extra paycheck from the B12 to play on ESPN. Crazy.

Hello Boise, BYU, Houston and UCF to the Big East. LOL

That would suck for UConn.

Meaning that the Big East would have to resort to Memphis/UCF/Houston/East Carolina, etc. to bring them up to full membership.

Meaning that the Big East would have to resort to Memphis/UCF/Houston/East Carolina, etc. to bring them up to full membership.

The same group of teams the BB schools were against just a few months ago. :confused:

If UT and OU work something out and stay put, they will try to grab BYU, Louisville and WVU and get back to 12. Before aTm left, they were already talking with BYU and had Pitt and L'Ville on their target list. So now they just sub WVU for Pitt. Bad news for the rest of the BE though.

If WVU does go to the Big12, the remaining BigEast teams are all CUSA teams outside of UConn and Rutgers. Hardly worth an AQ bid IMO without WVU.