Big ACCN Problem in Texas,Need Help! | Syracusefan.com

Big ACCN Problem in Texas,Need Help!

A. Samara

Walk On
The Issue: Dallas Area 'Cuse fan...Frontier Fios is holding us hostage and will not carry ACCN with the lame story on their website that its very expensive and ACCN execs are holding it out as part of a larger general subsciption plan even though we already have SEC and BiG10 Net.
Addtionally although we've suffered for years missing Syracuse games,in the past few years all games have been available on WatchESPN or Espn3,I have both.Now these clowns have blocked the ESPN network totally and even my Apple TV and ROKU TV app is blocking Western MI/Cuse as "unavailable in your area...They think I'll call Froteir and exert extortion and pressue,this is Wildack's responsibility,and the ACCN execs ploy...and it doesn't serve the alumni base around the country.

Does anyone know of a steaming option that can help me and others around the country?

The Issue: Dallas Area 'Cuse fan...Frontier Fios is holding us hostage and will not carry ACCN with the lame story on their website that its very expensive and ACCN execs are holding it out as part of a larger general subsciption plan even though we already have SEC and BiG10 Net.
Addtionally although we've suffered for years missing Syracuse games,in the past few years all games have been available on WatchESPN or Espn3,I have both.Now these clowns have blocked the ESPN network totally and even my Apple TV and ROKU TV app is blocking Western MI/Cuse as "unavailable in your area...They think I'll call Froteir and exert extortion and pressue,this is Wildack's responsibility,and the ACCN execs ploy...and it doesn't serve the alumni base around the country.

Does anyone know of a steaming option that can help me and others around the country?

YouTubeTV

Is anyone aware that these 3 streaming service are not blocked by local market? My Roku ESPN app shows the game as upcoming but all other daily ACCN content give a "Not available in you area" message.Will try Youtube,Sling and Hulu trials next 24 hrs.Thanks.

Is anyone aware that these 3 streaming service are not blocked by local market? My Roku ESPN app shows the game as upcoming but all other daily ACCN content give a "Not available in you area" message.Will try Youtube,Sling and Hulu trials next 24 hrs.Thanks.
You’ll be quite pleased, I believe.

What about replays of the game? Does ESPN+ have them after the fact...or would your cable provider need to carry ACCN for it to show up on ESPN+? Trying to figure out how to watch the game if I'm busy at noon but have Hulu.

EDIT: Just looked into it and found out Hulu live has a cloud based DVR, so I set it to record the game woohoo.

Last edited:
Tip for anyone with DirecTV out of the ACC footprint. Right now, ESPN is still negotiating with DirecTV. If you call DirecTV and ask to speak to retention (threaten to cancel) they will offer you the sports package (pretty much worthless normally) but it contains the ACC Network for those of us not in a state with an ACC team. They may give you some $$ off your bill too. I also didn't have to threaten to cancel, just complained that I didn't get the ACC network.

What about replays of the game? Does ESPN+ have them after the fact...or would your cable provider need to carry ACCN for it to show up on ESPN+? Trying to figure out how to watch the game if I'm busy at noon but have Hulu.

EDIT: Just looked into it and found out Hulu live has a cloud based DVR, so I set it to record the game woohoo.
No update yet on HULU or Youtube out of "Footprint". To answer one of your questions.I bought a month of ESPN+ for Liberty,they do not have any ACCN coverage at all.I think the real issue is ACC "Footprint" is covered with many carriers but out of the "Footprint" they are holding out as extortion for the cable companies.HULU's signup and website is evasive about what sports they offer.I'd be eager to here from an out of footprint YoutubeTV viewer.

Youtube TV was the choice for the Texas market,non-ACC footprint and they show Holy cross as "upcoming".It's a 5 day free trial then 45. there after.Espn3 and ESPN plus were no good with Frontier Fios out side the footprint.There was no way to tell if we were getting the game until kickoff as its shown in many spots but wouldn't play. Cuse.com had sound only for me.Hope this helps someone get Holy Cross next week.

Same issue but with ATT in Dallas area. Have called them to ask. I am paying so much to ATT (i know, i dont have to) don't want to buy another stream for these games. Grandma streams was good first half, mostly buffering second half today. Probably will try again for HC.

If u use fire TV or fire stick then PlayStation vue is the way to go.

DirecTV or my house the next time it’s on ACCN if you live within driving distance of Northwest Dallas (Trophy Club)

Fellow Cuse fans are family!

I just found out that Frontier in the Sarasota Florida area does not carry the ACCN . I called them and they said that they do. But the ACC N website says the opposite. Also I call to ESPN confirmed that Frontier does not carry ACCN!

So I’m pulling the plug and Frontier and getting Spectrum instead.

If you get YouTube TV you have to authenticate to get what was the old ESPN3 or WatchESPN on the ESPN app.

I use Sling but I use it with a VPN. With a VPN you can change the location to a market that carries the ACCN