Big conference game this weekend that impacts us | Syracusefan.com

Big conference game this weekend that impacts us

Marsh01

Living Legend
Pitt at Marquette is going to be a huge game we will have to watch. My opinion is we need Marquette to win this game. Pitt has 4 conference losses but their remaining schedule is:

ND
@St. Johns
USF
Villanova
@DePaul

They probably will run the table. Seeing that we lost to them we need them to lose this game. Playing Marquette still will give us a chance to get the tie breaker if we beat them. We obviously lose the tiebreaker against Pitt.

Technically, SU does not need any help as the Orange get Gtwn 2x, Marquette and Louisville, but I do not expect a 4-0 record.

Marquette also has a much easier closing schedule than SU

Seton Hall

That is a soft closing schedule. A 5-2 finish might not get us the regular season title.

That is a soft closing schedule. A 5-2 finish might not get us the regular season title.

Need Cincy to knock off Gtown tonight. That would help.

Technically, SU does not need any help as the Orange get Gtwn 2x, Marquette and Louisville, but I do not expect a 4-0 record.

Marquette also has a much easier closing schedule than SU

Seton Hall

We are not winning out so we need some help.

anyone who manages to finish 14-4 will win the conference outright; but I think it will end up being two or three teams tied at 13-5

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/BE.html

Projected ratings based on power ratings and win probabilities for final games.

1. Lousiville, Syracuse, Pitt: 13-5.
2. Marquette, Georgetown: 12-6.

Marquette is not that strong a team rating wise, so while they may be favoured at games at Seton Hall, Villanova, St. John's and Rutgers they still have decent chances of losing those games.. win probabilities are 64%. 49%. 65% and 59%. So the most likely scenario is that they go 2-2 in those games. And they are only considered to have a 41% chance at home against Pitt -- which is a little low IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom