Big East Catholic 7 looking to leave by | Syracusefan.com

Big East Catholic 7 looking to leave by

Interesting... Wonder who will eventually be the last man standing, waiting anxiously to collect all the "exit" fees.

The should keep the Big East name. UConn has shown they are a pathetic school and program since there isn't another founding Big East member left other than them and noone wants to be affiliated with them. They should also keep MSG for the tournament. I'd think about adding Fordham as another NYC school to help this maybe?

I wish the Catholic 7 the best. Great programs I will root for all of them out of conference and will root against Nova and Gtown in conference. Gonna be fun to watch as a bb fan. Providence will be my fav team in that conference. I have a lot of respect for these schools already and I truly gained even more respect for our long time foes when they decided the BE was worthless without SU and told Uconn to suck it. Even Notre Dame's AD knows that joining the ACC for hoops might be a mistake and he should stick with the Catholic 7.

I don't know if St Marys and the Zags will work but Creighton, X, and Dayton all fit nicely with these schools.

So like I said I'll be rooting for Providence in this any other SU fans have a favorite team from the Catholic 7?

10c.jpg

The should keep the Big East name. UConn has shown they are a pathetic school and program since there isn't another founding Big East member left other than them and noone wants to be affiliated with them. They should also keep MSG for the tournament. I'd think about adding Fordham as another NYC school to help this maybe?

I wish the Catholic 7 the best. Great programs I will root for all of them out of conference and will root against Nova and Gtown in conference. Gonna be fun to watch as a bb fan. Providence will be my fav team in that conference. I have a lot of respect for these schools already and I truly gained even more respect for our long time foes when they decided the BE was worthless without SU and told Uconn to suck it. Even Notre Dame's AD knows that joining the ACC for hoops might be a mistake and he should stick with the Catholic 7.

I don't know if St Marys and the Zags will work but Creighton, X, and Dayton all fit nicely with these schools.

So like I said I'll be rooting for Providence in this any other SU fans have a favorite team from the Catholic 7?
No offense but F the basketball schools and especially F Providence! Its because of their selfishness the BE collapsed. No way is H3LL should they get to keep the BE name and MSG contract. UConn has at least been a better program than any of the 7 and has actually looked out for the BE as a whole, not just BBall.

Agree with ANV... Big East name should stay with the 7 Catholic schools, most are original members, most have strong histories, most have no intentions of adding football, would like to see Cuse continue to play some of them (GTown, Nova, St. John's).

Watching a once proud conference dissolve into some convoluted POS bothers me, like returning to the house you grew up in only to see it in shambles.

Agree with ANV... Big East name should stay with the 7 Catholic schools, most are original members, most have strong histories, most have no intentions of adding football, would like to see Cuse continue to play some of them (GTown, Nova, St. John's).

Watching a once proud conference dissolve into some convoluted POS bothers me, like returning to the house you grew up in only to see it in shambles.
So you don't like what the conf turned into, but you want to reward the POS bball schools who destroyed it? Wouldn't mind playing St Johns or Nova. But screw GTown and Prov. Let them rot in their mid-major NOT named the Big East and playing their conf tourny somewhere in NJ.

Football is driving all the changes, if the schools w/o don't want to bend over backwards for those that do, I get that. 2 different outlooks for the schools, each has to do what's in their best interests. Cuse had to move on, glad they did. The remaining schools should be able to stick around as bball only, carry the BE name and continue to lose to Cuse!

Football is driving all the changes, if the schools w/o don't want to bend over backwards for those that do, I get that. 2 different outlooks for the schools, each has to do what's in their best interests. Cuse had to move on, glad they did. The remaining schools should be able to stick around as bball only, carry the BE name and continue to lose to Cuse!
Football is driving realignment because the BBall 7 made it impossible for the football BE to survive. SU and others were forced elsewhere by the providence mafia watching out for their interests and not the conf as a whole. Everyone could see what was needed to grow and save the conf but the BBall schools made sure it was impossible. Rooting for them to keep the BE name and MSG is like walking in on your wife with another guy and rooting for them to keep the house and kids.

I will NEVER root for Providence. Ever. The leaders of the parochial (pun intended) effort to make the world believe the Earth revolved around basketball. F Prov!

Football is driving realignment because the BBall 7 made it impossible for the football BE to survive. SU and others were forced elsewhere by the providence mafia watching out for their interests and not the conf as a whole. Everyone could see what was needed to grow and save the conf but the BBall schools made sure it was impossible. Rooting for them to keep the BE name and MSG is like walking in on your wife with another guy and rooting for them to keep the house and kids.

BE was hoops only, added fball & had success in both thru 90's. the BE added teams with both making the disconnect more profound and never made sense. Conference realignment forced their hand, schools made choices. Some moved on, some stayed. If the fball only schools stayed and kept the BE name, I would not like the conference, glad they moved to ACC. Let the bball only keep the BE name.

BE was hoops only, added fball & had success in both thru 90's. the BE added teams with both making the disconnect more profound and never made sense. Conference realignment forced their hand, schools made choices. Some moved on, some stayed. If the fball only schools stayed and kept the BE name, I would not like the conference, glad they moved to ACC. Let the bball only keep the BE name.
No... they destroyed the BE they shouldn't get to keep the name. Its not like those schools were even the driving force of bball in the conf. GTown Nova and St Johns were good in the 80s. They've been mostly irellevant since. Prov, Seton Hall, Marq, Depaul have never been anything to BE basketball. SU, Pitt, UConn, LVille, ND, WVU, and BC would be 7 football playing BE members that meant a LOT more to BE Bball than those 7 have. Let them actually try and make a name for themselves and get off our coattails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom