Big East commercial | Syracusefan.com

Big East commercial

NKR1978

Living Legend
That's by far the best Big East football commercial, but where's Otto?

I can't decide which was the worst Big East commercial: the awful sportsmanship commercials, the 2005 commercial with the new coaches introducing themselves (Greg Robinson, Syracuse) and proudly proclaiming that we were a BCS conference, or the 3 guys staring at Ernie's Heisman.

I thought it was all right, nothing spectacular. But Otto being MIA is disappointing.

The worst one is the kid lecturing the adults. That one combines so many things I hate about TV shows/movies/commercials: hearing a kid actor say things he couldn't possibly say as eloquently in real life and likely doesn't even understand what the words mean, kids being disrespectful to adults (I would not have even *dared* to speak that way to an adult when I was that age), and the very idea that kids are innocent, little sweethearts with something to teach adults (when I was a kid I didn't just want to win; I wanted to dominate...and it didn't matter if I had to lie, cheat or use my size advantage to do it. It wasn't until I was an adult that I learned there are more important things than winning a game).

The kid lecturing the adults was pretty bad. Aside from the 25th anniversary basektball PSA where they played the local radio broadcasts of the NIT, women's NCAA and our championship and the basketball coaches talking about how awesome the BET is, the BE has put out the worst commercials of all the conferences.

Also, SU can use a new one. I'm getting tired of the child actors pretending to want to be Bob Costas or McNabb.