Big East Final | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big East Final

I miss the Big East, the refs let them play ball the right way, the energy and buzz at MSG is the best, we had to leave for football & $$, but man Big East basketball is looking good

Seems the shakeup may have been good for the new BE, because the old one had degenerated into thug ball.

That Greensboro article might be the greatest thing to come from this year.. When we finally get back to being Syracuse, I can see our fans having sooooo much fun with that article and Roy's quote.

The teams that SU has put on the floor the past four years would not compete with the top teams in the Big East. The middle of the road old Big East teams has surpassed SU with the product on the floor. Throw in Cincy and they have all put SU in the rear window. It’s pretty sad how far this program has fallen since the sanctions.

Big East is a good league but I don't know that I buy Xavier or Nova.

I could easily see UNC/Duke/UVA all in the Final 4

Villanova-UVA Final
Two most disciplined & best coached programs.
They never beat themselves.

The teams that SU has put on the floor the past four years would not compete with the top teams in the Big East. The middle of the road old Big East teams has surpassed SU with the product on the floor. Throw in Cincy and they have all put SU in the rear window. It’s pretty sad how far this program has fallen since the sanctions.

Other than Villanova...no. You’re greatly exaggerating.

Unless I missed those Providence, Seton Hall, and Cincinnati final four runs.

I member when people said this about the ACC last year and it crapped the bed.

Hard to doubt Nova after the past couple years.

Other than Villanova...no. You’re greatly exaggerating.

Unless I missed those Providence, Seton Hall, and Cincinnati final four runs.
All of those teams have been or are ranked. SU hasn’t sniffed the top 25. It’s not all about final fours. Virginia is an example of that.

All of those teams have been or are ranked. SU hasn’t sniffed the top 25. It’s not all about final fours. Virginia is an example of that.
I'll take F4 runs over UVA's regular season success but our problem is we have recent Final 4's with zero regular season relevance. Eventually you need to back up those runs with something.

The BET looks alot better when our team has only won 1 ACCT game the last 4 years and made the finals of the 2013 BET

Virginia has been significantly better than those teams.

Providence and Seton Hall have both been bubble teams and out by the first weekend at best every single year. And frankly, if they were in the ACC they probably wouldn’t quite have the W’s to get in the last few years. I’ll take wrong side of the bubble a few times plus a final four over what they’ve done. “It’s not all about final fours” - tell that to Providence and Seton Hall fans who haven’t sniffed one in 30 years. I bet they disagree.

Cincy is a little different because they’ve now had two really great regular seasons in a row. Going 30-6 or 29-4 is quite a bit different than 23-11 or something. Still, they’ve gotta do something in the tournament this year.

I agree with you, cannot believe how good the Friars are. Totally agree, middle of the pack playing better ball than us, however, i expect us to win 23 games next year w/out Tyus, with Tyus we are top 10 all year.
Tyus will declare for the draft w/out hiring an agent, everyone can say he is gone, not a done deal, 50/50, they are not sure , but if the feedback is mid to late 2nd round, i think he is back

Jay Wright slid into our spot, we were the face of BE, well played by Nova.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom