Big East Friday Night Lights | Syracusefan.com

Big East Friday Night Lights

rottweiler44

Walk On
Sorry if this has been discussed but I honestly just realized that the SU and UL-RU games are on at the same time Friday, each on an ESPN network...is this a typo?

Seriously, I thought the lone advantage of Friday night was that you had the spotlight all to yourselves...no matter how dim that spotlight may be. Instead we are sharing it with another Big East matchup. What could possibly be the logic of paring up two of the very few BCS Friday night games throughout the year and playing them against each other? Assuming this was all planned pre-raid and not a screw job, how could this have been allowed to happen by the Big East front office?

Sorry if this has been discussed but I honestly just realized that the SU and UL-RU games are on at the same time Friday, each on an ESPN network...is this a typo?

Seriously, I thought the lone advantage of Friday night was that you had the spotlight all to yourselves...no matter how dim that spotlight may be. Instead we are sharing it with another Big East matchup. What could possibly be the logic of paring up two of the very few BCS Friday night games throughout the year and playing them against each other? Assuming this was all planned pre-raid and not a screw job, how could this have been allowed to happen by the Big East front office?

Well, the BE front office really isnt our conference office any longer...we are just in the BE to serve out our detention for the next 27 months...so get used to it for next 27 months

Rutgizz fans are all a twitter over the prospect of drawing a larger rating head to head in the NY TV market...we'll see.

Rutgizz fans are all a twitter over the prospect of drawing a larger rating head to head in the NY TV market...we'll see.

If they're right, that information and a quarter will get them 25 cents and no expense paid trips to Orlando and Houston.

To answer the original question, the reason it's happening this way is because it's a league with dumb leadership. The kind that thinks keeping us around for 27 months benefits them. Shows how important we are to them though. Flattering.

I've been noticing lately that there are a lot of games featuring teams from the same conference playing at the same time.

Maryland at Florida St., Georgia Tech at Miami and NC State at Virginia are all playing at 3:30 Saturday.

I don't understand why the WWLiS would want to split its audience like that. I would think they'd have more viewers for each game if they weren't all playing at the same time. I can't imagine conferences can be very happy about it.