Big East postseason honors.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big East postseason honors..

I actually thought Strong did a very poor job this year both in and out of conference. They had the best team in the BE a ended in a four way tie. That should never get you a COY.

Team All BE 1st or 2nd
Syracuse 5
Louisville 8
Cincinnati 8
Rutgers 8
Pittsburgh 6
Temple 7
USF 5
Connecticut 8

If you're tied for first place in the conference and tied for last place in players making 1st or 2nd team all Big East, either Marrone got robbed or some Syracuse players got robbed
images

Hey we were picked to finish 7th in the league and we finished 7th with the number of all conference picks with 5. Is this the preseason list? What?

The only thing this list got right was Sir Alec Lemon as the only unanimous selection on offense

How in the freakin' world does UConn get 8 players on the 1st and 2nd teams?
Clearly, they're very good and the team underperformed. Must be a coaching issue. :)

Blown away by Bromley being left off. He was easily our second best defensive player and at times dominated the line of scrimmage by himself. I'm repeating what many have said, but how do we have the fewest 1st and 2nd teamers and not have the best coach while tying for the league championship? We either have more good players or a superior coach. Our losses were pretty close and we blew the doors off of two of the teams that had the most players. Huh?

Blown away by Bromley being left off. He was easily our second best defensive player and at times dominated the line of scrimmage by himself. I repeating what many have said, but how do we have the fewest 1st and 2nd teamers and not have the best coach while tying for the league championship? We either have more good players or a superior coach. Our losses were pretty close and we blew the doors off of two of the teams that had the most players. Huh?
It's the depth, right? No stars but lots of depth. Yeah. I'm sure.

How Jay Bromley didn't make first team at DT just shows how stupid and petty the Big East office is being towards SU. What that dude played like a beast every Big East game. He single handily beat Pitt with his work on the line and the fact the Big East doesn't find him among the top 4 DL is a joke.

Interesting to award the two coaches who probably defined doing the least with what was expected of them.

rutgers struggled vs tulane, and army OC and in Conf blew the outright title at home, the only team they really dominated was temple.
UL struggled vs FI, SMiss, UNC and the only team they dominated in conf was temp.
SU struggled vs Minn/NW/USC/Miss OC , but in conf dominated Temp/UL/uconn and by stats RU.

which coach did the better job? can you use OC numbers when the opp were so vastly diff?

Walter Stewart made 2nd team? He got injured in early October and missed the last 8 games for UC. Only played in one league game.

If Walter Stewart made 2nd team, Bromley should be All-American.

FU BE! Good riddance...

I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy, but these results make the "hold on one more day, we're trying to track down one last ballot before announcing the teams" excuse look even worse.
quoting your favorite girl group, i see

Flood? They lost to Kent St. and lost the conference championship by losing their last two games. That's ridiculous. I'm not saying Marrone has a claim. There isn't a coach in the conference that really deserves it.
Well, Flood did have big ears to fill . . . .

These selections completely validate OPA.

We have the worst talent in the conference.

AMIRIGHT?!?!?!

Half right. It would also say that Coach P. has the best talent in the conference.

is there one single first round pick this year on that list?

Too bad I couldn't figure out a way to quote the bodyguard soundtrack.

I can.

Me to Big East:

And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii will always hate you

How in the freakin' world does UConn get 8 players on the 1st and 2nd teams?

As long as they are all on defense, it makes sense.