Big/Important two game stretch this week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big/Important two game stretch this week

If we want to have any shot of making the tourney this year need to find away to get a couple of wins this week against two good opponents.

Oakland actually played our Wed opponent Toledo on Saturday and lost 87-74.

Oakland is missing their center who is serving the final game of a four game suspension but they appear to have two elite scores who are both averaging over 20 pts a game and both transferred from big time Div 1 schools (Illinois and Texas). Martez Walker the Texas transfer is shooting the three ball at over 45% this year, I am hopeful we will key on him early.

Rough stretch here with 3 games in 5 days, especially with Toledo being right before Thanksgiving and appearing to be the best of the three teams. The Rockets appear to be a pretty good offensive squad this year. Hope we take care of business but wouldn't be shocked if we ended up splitting the two games.

Also just a FYI, not only are we playing Kansas this year but we our early schedules are earily similar, they also play Texas Southern, Oakland, and Toledo.
Are you concerned at all about free throws?

These two games definitely caught my attention as trap games as I was doing my iggy prediction. I didn't do much research on either team because I was really looking for games to predict victories and didn't want to look for more reasons to convince myself otherwise.

As I was saying earlier, I was confident all along we'd win this one pretty easily...

Yes even without their big man this was a good win. Oakland has a winning culture and a good coach. They have beaten MSU and UM in recent years in the non-conf. Whooped Clemson last year in the NIT. They expect some of these non-conf wins. Lots of tough MI kids on teams like Oakland and UDetroit when they came to the Dome awhile back and gave us a game.

In my best Cliff Clavin voice - Little known fact - if you respond to a thread, and your response gets deleted, you still follow that thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom