Big Man Transfer | Syracusefan.com

Big Man Transfer

Footey04

2nd String
Wonder if there’s anyone we could potentially pick up that can come and start next year since Stewart is highly unlikely! Any thoughts?

i anticipate people will put this post down but i still expect sidibe to be more than serviceable when all is said and done. i see a big jump for him next year after getting fully recovered and another year in the weight room. the kid scored like 17 v ga tech last year on one leg. when has a freshman center for syracuse ever scored that many in a game?

also, another comment that people will put down but chukwu still technically has one year, right? i am not holding my breath, but he could still improve. sometimes, it takes awhile. we just need him to be serviceable.

i anticipate people will put this post down but i still expect sidibe to be more than serviceable when all is said and done. i see a big jump for him next year after getting fully recovered and another year in the weight room. the kid scored like 17 v ga tech last year on one leg. when has a freshman center for syracuse ever scored that many in a game?

also, another comment that people will put down but chukwu still technically has one year, right? i am not holding my breath, but he could still improve. sometimes, it takes awhile. we just need him to be serviceable.
I think the staff will he searching high and low for a transfer big, have too

I agree with you. Most bigs take time to develop outside of the very elite and we've already missed out on those guys. Would seem impossible to me that anyone that gets brought in will be anywhere near as good or ready to contribute as Sidibe will be entering his 3rd year in the program.

Agree with your take on Sidibe. Can't be overstated that after limping through season 1 and being significantly physically impaired, he lost an entire offseason of working on his game due to having to recover from surgery.

Right now, he looks like he's lost confidence. But I'd expect him to be substantially improved by next year.

I'd file that under "relentless optimism in the face of an ever increasing sample size."

Another year for Chukwu is not going to make him better after five years in college. Sidibe has a chance, but every time I see him play, that decreases a bit. Sometimes kids get great games because of a matchup. It happens. Sidibe, at his best, probably could be a starting center, but his defense is not very good and on offense he's not close to what he would need to be to offset his poor defense.

It saddens me that SU has had to rely on an undersized PF as a center for the last three going on four seasons

I'd file that under "relentless optimism in the face of an ever increasing sample size."

Another year for Chukwu is not going to make him better after five years in college. Sidibe has a chance, but every time I see him play, that decreases a bit. Sometimes kids get great games because of a matchup. It happens. Sidibe, at his best, probably could be a starting center, but his defense is not very good and on offense he's not close to what he would need to be to offset his poor defense.

It saddens me that SU has had to rely on an undersized PF as a center for the last three going on four seasons

Im not saying that it wouldnt be beneficial to bring in another big. Obviously, thatd be great. Im just not seeing it as completely hopeless situation if that doesnt happen.

Im not saying that it wouldnt be beneficial to bring in another big. Obviously, thatd be great. Im just not seeing it as completely hopeless situation if that doesnt happen.

Agree. If Marek could just figure out how to add weight, then we'd probably be fine at C for the next 2 years and then hope that Ajak turned into something. A grad transfer seems like the only way that we possibly find a guy that can upgrade next years rosters. Can't see any way there is a true freshman coming in next year and making the team better. Taking on possibly 2 project bigs is kind of a bad idea though if they are usually a 50/50 proposition then maybe we do actually want to take 2 and hope that 1 can turn into a contributor.

Agree. If Marek could just figure out how to add weight, then we'd probably be fine at C for the next 2 years and then hope that Ajak turned into something. A grad transfer seems like the only way that we possibly find a guy that can upgrade next years rosters. Can't see any way there is a true freshman coming in next year and making the team better. Taking on possibly 2 project bigs is kind of a bad idea though if they are usually a 50/50 proposition then maybe we do actually want to take 2 and hope that 1 can turn into a contributor.
What? You don't see how I Stewart could make next years team better? Are you nuts?

I think the staff has contingencies if IS doesn't come here. But they aren't activating them until IS's decision is made final.

Carrigan is a gifted shot-blocker, but he's not much 'bulkier' than our current beanpole C's.
He's "offensively challenged", so not really much of an upgrade, other than more bodies after PC leaves.

Wahab is a pretty solid kid. College-ready body. Would be a nice get for us.

Zay Stewart is a monster. That would be one AWESOME year, if we could get him.

Nick Carvacho is a guy to keep an eye on from Colorado St could be a potential grad transfer

Sidibe and Dolezaj need to stay in Syracuse this Summer and link up with Edinger. 10-15 pounds should be the goal coming into Fall practice. If the staff cannot get Stewart to come to SU, they need to scout every center available that has size, not just height.

What? You don't see how I Stewart could make next years team better? Are you nuts?

I think the staff has contingencies if IS doesn't come here. But they aren't activating them until IS's decision is made final.

Yeah, apparently I am nuts seeing as we have about the same shot at Hakeem Olajuwon as we do Stewart per everyone on the board that knows things. Figured that was a given at this point and why this thread exists.

Yeah, apparently I am nuts seeing as we have about the same shot at Hakeem Olajuwon as we do Stewart per everyone on the board that knows things. Figured that was a given at this point and why this thread exists.
I don't think anyone on this board knows where Stewart is going. And I think there may be a very good reason for that - he hasn't told anyone- or might not know for certain. I think the doubt on this board is from not hearing leaks that he is coming here - big difference.

I give much better odds of SU landing Stewart over Olajuwon. I still hold out hope. And while you may just throw me in the other bucket aside from your people "on the board that know things", I'll tell you this. I saw a very believable internet picture of JB, IS, and IS's father doing some birthday thing. I continue to believe SU has a punchers chance.

Paging Dimon Carrigan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom