BIG may push Notre Dame far from its arms... | Syracusefan.com

BIG may push Notre Dame far from its arms...

arbitragegls

All Conference
word is (source) that B1G will definitely go to 9 conference games and is considering 10.
This would not work well for Notre Dame...in fact, it leaves few B1G games for Notre Dame to get and if Notre Dame joined the B1G it would truly limit their ability to schedule OOC.

word is (source) that B1G will definitely go to 9 conference games and is considering 10.
This would not work well for Notre Dame...in fact, it leaves few B1G games for Notre Dame to get and if Notre Dame joined the B1G it would truly limit their ability to schedule OOC.
Would this speed up ND joining the ACC?

IF true, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Can Delany truly be that dumb?!?

Yeah, the best way to destabilize the ACC and have the BiG be the conference that matters in the northeast corridor is to force ND into joining the ACC fully. :crazy:

Cheers,
Neil

Is this the Big 10 Network making clear that it does not want bad games - Michigan v. Central Michigan for example?

Yeah but they can always change back ... if ND was to come on board they could and would go back to an 8 game schedule as soon as ND joined.

B1G has to be concerned about the quality of its product. I am not sure this would improve it at all.

Probably more conference games to help ease the "the conference is becoming diluted" folks.

Personally, I think Delany is over ND. Could be a revenge factor now and he'll try to cut them off. If that's true, he was probably fuming with them in the title game heh.

Don't think Notre Dame would consider the Big Ten Conference as long as Jack Swarbrick is there. At the same time, I think he's proud of his ACC deal and will be tough to convince to fully join. Kevin White considered the Big Ten in 2003, but turned it down. The Notre Dame subway alumni need to get comfortable playing ACC schools on a regular basis in football in order to consider joining. They are not experienced in doing so now other than some ACC schools like Miami, Pitt, and Boston College. The 5 games per year is huge, and they can't start soon enough for the ACC. Pitt will be the only ACC team playing Notre Dame in 2013. Hopefully the 5 games can start in 2014.

And you are correct in that 8 games would be the maximum Notre Dame would ever want to schedule in the ACC. They want to play 2 PAC 12 teams and Navy per year leaving only 1 spot for random scheduling. They have already dropped Michigan. If the Big Ten reduces their open dates, Notre Dame would probably drop Michigan State and Purdue as well.

B1G has to be concerned about the quality of its product. I am not sure this would improve it at all.

yup...you would think they would limit rutgirls as much as possible when they revert to being themselves in a few years. Somebody is going to get fired over in the big office

By adding MD and RU on top of the B10 sucking in their bowls fro awhile now; I think Delaney cares about the power and the $$$. As long as he holds everyone else by the b@lls and the B10 makes a sh!tload of money. What does he care about the quality. They just added 2 teams that are going to fight for the bottom of the barrel, a barrel that has lately become wider and not narrower.

In 2 years when he realizes that Rutgers and Maryland didn't bring all the money he envisioned, because pro sports rules those areas, some teams are going to be really piss**.

Just saw this tweet from Greg swaim show. @GSwaim: Two actual offers to #ACC school have been made by each the #B1G & #Big12, for a total of four...more forthcoming.

Something is brewing if this guy is legit.

Just saw this tweet from Greg swaim show. @GSwaim: Two actual offers to #ACC school have been made by each the #B1G & #Big12, for a total of four...more forthcoming.

He is as legit as manti teo's girlfriend or lance armstrong claiming he was clean...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

IF true, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Can Delany truly be that dumb?!?

Yeah, the best way to destabilize the ACC and have the BiG be the conference that matters in the northeast corridor is to force ND into joining the ACC fully. :crazy:

Cheers,
Neil

Is it ignorance, or, arrogance? He might just be egotistical enough to think this might force ND back to the B10.

Probably more conference games to help ease the "the conference is becoming diluted" folks.

Personally, I think Delany is over ND. Could be a revenge factor now and he'll try to cut them off. If that's true, he was probably fuming with them in the title game heh.

I think it's the other way around. ND is over the BIG. That horse left the barn. Delany has probably resigned himself to the fact that A) Notre Dame will never join and B) No other ACC teams will be joining either. I think the ACC is stronger now than some shiners in WVA / Big 12 country would like to believe. The BIG got two east coast schools to help their Network and keep PSU happy. My bet is they go closer to their Midwest demographic for the next team. Oklahoma, anyone?

I think it's the other way around. ND is over the BIG. That horse left the barn. Delany has probably resigned himself to the fact that A) Notre Dame will never join and B) No other ACC teams will be joining either. I think the ACC is stronger now than some shiners in WVA / Big 12 country would like to believe. The BIG got two east coast schools to help their Network and keep PSU happy. My bet is they go closer to their Midwest demographic for the next team. Oklahoma, anyone?

Does Oklahoma have the academic profile?

I bet if the B10 offered Missouri, they'd bolt the SEC in a hurry.

This "Dude" Swaim is a tool. You'd be best to read more credible sources. If Arb's connection at NC State hasn't spoken a word of this, then there probably is nothing to it. None of these so called insiders have have been able to keep any of this a secret. If ACC schools were offered, it would have been reported by more than just a douchenozzle like Swaim.

This "Dude" Swaim is a tool. You'd be best to read more credible sources. If Arb's connection at NC State hasn't spoken a word of this, then there probably is nothing to it. None of these so called insiders have have been able to keep any of this a secret. If ACC schools were offered, it would have been reported by more than just a douchenozzle like Swaim.

The "best" part about the four stooges (Dude/mvher/Swaim/tuxedoyoda) is that they somehow know what is going on in the B1G, ACC, SEC and Big 12 along with various individual schools. No single person at ESPN has enough connections to know what these a******* purport to know.

ND has always been over the B10. That's a given. Throw all the politics away, and it just doesn't work for them because they don't want to be pigeonholed as a Midwest school with a Midwest schedule.

We'll see about the ACC. Fact is, if the money becomes too disparate (with the b10 and sec, not the b12), someone is going to leave.

ND has always been over the B10. That's a given. Throw all the politics away, and it just doesn't work for them because they don't want to be pigeonholed as a Midwest school with a Midwest schedule.

We'll see about the ACC. Fact is, if the money becomes too disparate (with the b10 and sec, not the b12), someone is going to leave.

Right now no one really knows what the money is going to be. There is a lot of speculation about potential earnings, but little to no hard numbers. The BiG could be real close with their numbers, or they could be Enron. I just don't see the numbers getting big enough where they can attract institutions like UVA and UNC who don't need loans or hand outs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom