Big News: Pac-12 Standing Pat, No Texas, Tex Tech, Okla or Okie State | Syracusefan.com

Big News: Pac-12 Standing Pat, No Texas, Tex Tech, Okla or Okie State

hobbit88

Walk On
"Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO -- The Pac-12 Conference is standing pat for now.

The league's presidents and chancellors voted late Tuesday night to reaffirm their decision to stay at a dozen members. Commissioner Larry Scott says "after careful review we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions, student-athletes and fans to remain a 12-team conference."

Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech were among those considering a potential move from the Big 12. After expanding from the Pac-10 with new members Utah and Colorado last year, members of the new Pac-12 won't give them the chance.

The league already negotiated a landmark 12-year television contract with Fox and ESPN worth about $3 billion. And it appears plenty happy at a dozen."

Link:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6998751/pac-12-conference-decides-expand-further

This is very interesting. Makes me wonder if we jumped too soon. Big 12 might still gobble a Big East member to replace A&M though. This would appear to put the brakes on UConn or anyone else jumping to the ACC anytime soon though.

Part of me has allways wanted to be in the ACC.Maybe its just since the snub.

I'll admit I am unnerved by this. It calls into question the very underlying premise that drove our move.

DR Gross must of heard something was going down.Or i don't see the reason for leaving.

DR Gross must of heard something was going down.Or i don't see the reason for leaving.

Probably heard that 9 schools had applied to the ACC and he didn't want to be in a Big East without Pitt and UConn. I don't know, I prefer the Big East, but I'm primarily a basketball guy.

Don't be stupid. You want to be in a league w/ 20 teams and no TV contract?

"Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO -- The Pac-12 Conference is standing pat for now.

The league's presidents and chancellors voted late Tuesday night to reaffirm their decision to stay at a dozen members. Commissioner Larry Scott says "after careful review we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions, student-athletes and fans to remain a 12-team conference."

Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech were among those considering a potential move from the Big 12. After expanding from the Pac-10 with new members Utah and Colorado last year, members of the new Pac-12 won't give them the chance.

The league already negotiated a landmark 12-year television contract with Fox and ESPN worth about $3 billion. And it appears plenty happy at a dozen."

Link:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6998751/pac-12-conference-decides-expand-further

It would appear that Texas didn't cave on sharing the $$ from the Longhorn Network. This makes their move (alone) to the ACC more likely, IMO.

It would appear that Texas didn't cave on sharing the $$ from the Longhorn Network. This makes their move (alone) to the ACC more likely, IMO.

ACC will not cave on revenue sharing either.

I don't think the ACC will cave either ... they would just as soon remain a 14 team league than give up major football revenues b/c Texas doesn't wish to give up their lucrative TV deals. Remember that the entire realignment was based on football and the revenues they generate. The move by the PAC-12 and Texas (if the rumor is true that the deal was quashed b/c of Texas) will only encourage ND. If Texas won't give up their monies why should ND? I definitely think you now take ND out of any ACC expansion equation.