Big recruiting weekend | Syracusefan.com

Big recruiting weekend

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
According to twitter.com/therecruitscoop Syracuse will be having 4 big time recruits on campus this weekend including Nerlens Noel and Chris Maccullah. Also Isaiah Whitehead will be visiting in September. After just about a year's drought, It's time for the recruiting train to get rolling again and land some commitments.

I am getting somewhat bored with much of the other stuff so it is nice to talk recruiting...basketball season is rapidly coming upon us. 2 - 2014 candidates and 1 - 2013 candidate. Mccullah has said that the Johnnies are his "dream school" and obviously Lav is very much in the mix there (He is really turning that program around btw...big time and fast). Noel has a ton of big time schools after him (Duke, Kentucky [of course], Connecticut, etc) as it should be. He's made an unofficial visit to UConn already (Calhoun compared him to Bill Russell? He's really suckin' up to him). Tall kid..thin frame. Could fit well if we don't land Coleman. Difference being Coleman is a big body and won't get pushed around as much in BE competition. Whitehead a SG...got a real shot here. Back up to Cooney? It would be nice to start reeling in some of these recruits early.

BTW...Scout has Anderson in top 10 now and McGary at #3 or 4. I believe I read that Drummond headed for prep...a likely opt to NBA avoiding college (sorry UConn). SU not listed on Scout as a choice for neither Anderson or McGary. Somebody tell me we are all over these kids. Anderson has listed the Johnnies and Seton Hall as high interest?!? Is this old news?

Chinonso Obakoh (sp?) out of Rochester lists Syracuse as being interested in him while Jermaine Lawrence plans a visit. Mccollough (sp?) has said SU has offered a schollie. Forwards and centers seem to be the bis emphasis here...nothing new I guess. But we will still have Xmas, Fab, Keita, etc..

We have no chance for Anderson, McGary, Drummond.

Anderson is down to 5 schools and we’re not one of them.

I don’t believe McGary has ever listed us.

As you said, Drummond likely ends up in the NBA although it could depend on how the new CBA works out the high school players rule.

This is a very big weekend for Cuse hoops. Landing Noels would be Billy F. HUGE!

This is a very big weekend for Cuse hoops. Landing Noels would be Billy F. HUGE!
I agree about Noel. He would fit in perfect. We need a nice center for class of 2013. Did I say he would fit in perfect.

Just saw on Adam Zagoria's twitter that Ricardo Ledo will also be visiting this weekend. Is MCW still on campus? Would only help to have him here hanging out with all of them since they're already friends.

Does anyone have any details of these visits (specifically the bball recruits). What are they doing, how is it going, etc?

Is this old news? Stefan Jankovic planning on an SU visit ...

Jankovic doesn't appear like he'll be getting offered by us.

Ledo enjoyed his visit according to ZagsBlog.com

I know Nerlens Noel's teammate Goodluck Okonoboh was here as well.

I am getting somewhat bored with much of the other stuff so it is nice to talk recruiting...basketball season is rapidly coming upon us. 2 - 2014 candidates and 1 - 2013 candidate. Mccullah has said that the Johnnies are his "dream school" and obviously Lav is very much in the mix there (He is really turning that program around btw...big time and fast). Noel has a ton of big time schools after him (Duke, Kentucky [of course], Connecticut, etc) as it should be. He's made an unofficial visit to UConn already (Calhoun compared him to Bill Russell? He's really suckin' up to him). Tall kid..thin frame. Could fit well if we don't land Coleman. Difference being Coleman is a big body and won't get pushed around as much in BE competition. Whitehead a SG...got a real shot here. Back up to Cooney? It would be nice to start reeling in some of these recruits early.
I don't know about this (Difference being Coleman is a big body and won't get pushed around as much in BE competition) part of your quote. Noel should be the guy to get in my opinion. At peach jam he was the best defensive basketball big man I have ever seen. He is a shot blocking machine. I know everyone wants Coleman A) beacuse he is a great player, and B) he is an in state kid, however I for one would be doing back flips if we realed in Noel (and his kid and play haircut is awesome).

Chinonso Obakoh (sp?) out of Rochester lists Syracuse as being interested in him while Jermaine Lawrence plans a visit. Mccollough (sp?) has said SU has offered a schollie. Forwards and centers seem to be the bis emphasis here...nothing new I guess. But we will still have Xmas, Fab, Keita, etc..
Will be interesting to see how the Rochester kid (Obokoh)developes.

I for one would be doing back flips if we realed in Noel (and his kid and play haircut is awesome).

This really shouldn't be overlooked. The way I see it the hair is worth an additional star on its own. He may be our first ever 6 star recruit.