Saturday, October 11 - Idle
Saturday, October 18 - at Ohio State
Saturday, October 25 - at Nebraska
Saturday, November 1 - Wisconsin
Saturday, November 8 - Idle
Saturday, November 15 - Indiana
Saturday, November 22 - at Michigan State
Saturday, November 29 - at Maryland

Looks like the move to the B1G didn't sway their weak OCC scheduling. And many posters are predicting 5-0 by the time they get to Michigan.
I could see them being 5-0 heading to the Michigan game. I'm sure the additional opponent will make Norfolk St look like a powerhouse. Howard, Tulane and whichever Jr High team they sign for that other game is 3 wins. They'll get a late defensive score to sneak by Navy and that freshman Penn State QB is going to be the PSU version of RU's Savage after facing a Scott Shafer defense in week 1.

Plus I hear Savon Huggins has 'Jersey Power'.

Nebraska home B1G schedule: Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue and Minnesota.

Wow. If I'm Nebraska, I'm pissed. They have no history with any of those schools and one of them is Rutgers.

Yeah, no kidding!

A far cry from the days of Oklahoma and the "Game of Century"

Last game just filled for Rutgers.

A loose translation below from an earlier Sean Keeley article

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2009/5/22/883661/rutgers-mcdivitt-elementary-school

Rutgers, McDivitt Elementary School Schedule Home-And-Home Football Series To Kick Off First B1G Season!

By Sean Keeley on May 16, 2013, 1:27p  @NunesMagician 5
Stay connected for news and updates
dodgeball_large.jpg

Lucas Modesky (pictured) is among the McDivitt students who will line up against Rutgers on August 30th.
NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ - Rutgers University will play James A. McDivitt Elementary Schoolin football in 2014 and 2015, the McDivitt Principal's Office announced Thursday.

The series will be a home-and-home. McDivitt will visit Rutgers Stadium in the upcoming inaugural B1G 2014 season and the Scarlet Knights will meet the grade schoolers in the open field (near the big maple tree) behind the McDivitt gymnasium in 2015.

The game will mark the first meeting between the two teams. It will also mark the first game in the history of McDivitt Elementary School, located in Old Bridge, NJ, which will be creating a football squad in order to compete.

"We were approached by then-Rutgers Athletic Director Tim Pernetti a few months back about the possibility. They were concerned about the keeping their out-of-conference schedule on an even keel and they also wanted to stay closer to home with all the Midwest conference games. We've been working on this deal ever since," said Barbara MacInerny, McDivitt Vice-Principal and 5th period Gym Teacher. "We've had to move a lot of things around, like the Autumn Harvest Dance and the Presidential Fitness competition, but we got there. It is not often a school has a chance earn $250,000 using your schoolkids."

MacInerny said McDivitt is scheduled to fill a vacancy left by Don Bosco HS. Even though the Don Bosco HS and the Scarlet Knights are traditional foes and have played each other on a yearly basis, Rutgers was able to secure a pass through a very loose interpretatation of a new B1G policy that allows them to cancel any games against teams that played in a playoff game the previous season.

"We'll play Don Bosco again in 2016, everybody relax," said Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood. "We just felt that it was a little unfair to start the season with such a tough opponent. You know, Coach Schiano was a master at building a schedule for success and I want to continue that. We'd rather ease into things and then work our way up." Rutgers' schedule now begins with McDivitt Elementary on August 30th and then long time rival Howard University on Sept. 6th.

McDivitt says they don't foresee an issue with fielding a team for the game. “We've got the Modesky Twins in fifth grade, best dodgeball enforcers I've ever seen in my 19 years of physical education, and those skills will translate well. And don't sleep on Mrs. Kuznick's 4th grade homeroom, lots of raw speed in that class.” MacInerny said. "And as long as we can play co-ed, we'll be fine."

Flood says the lack of history between the two programs won't be an issue. "I mean, some people might balk at this since they're not an FBS team but I point to Howard and Texas Southern, also both on our schedule. Neither of them are in the FBS either and you don't hear people complaining? Well, at least I don't. I have people for that."

Wisconsin and Nebraska are going to be pissed. No Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State for either and both have to play Rutgers.
That is a horrible schedule for them, but good Maryland and Rutgers. Let's see how RU does having no easy games.
wow, they should swap with minnestoa and send rutgers there and send ohio st to lincoln.

minny goes to michigan and gets ohio st??? oomph, no need for that.

Is it just me or did the B1G set this schedule to enforce the idea in Rutgers' collective psyche that they WILL be bottom feeders?

Last game just filled for Rutgers.

A loose translation below from an earlier Sean Keeley article

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2009/5/22/883661/rutgers-mcdivitt-elementary-school

Rutgers, McDivitt Elementary School Schedule Home-And-Home Football Series To Kick Off First B1G Season!

By Sean Keeley on May 16, 2013, 1:27p  @NunesMagician 5
Stay connected for news and updates
dodgeball_large.jpg

Lucas Modesky (pictured) is among the McDivitt students who will line up against Rutgers on August 30th.
NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ - Rutgers University will play James A. McDivitt Elementary Schoolin football in 2014 and 2015, the McDivitt Principal's Office announced Thursday.

The series will be a home-and-home. McDivitt will visit Rutgers Stadium in the upcoming inaugural B1G 2014 season and the Scarlet Knights will meet the grade schoolers in the open field (near the big maple tree) behind the McDivitt gymnasium in 2015.

The game will mark the first meeting between the two teams. It will also mark the first game in the history of McDivitt Elementary School, located in Old Bridge, NJ, which will be creating a football squad in order to compete.

"We were approached by then-Rutgers Athletic Director Tim Pernetti a few months back about the possibility. They were concerned about the keeping their out-of-conference schedule on an even keel and they also wanted to stay closer to home with all the Midwest conference games. We've been working on this deal ever since," said Barbara MacInerny, McDivitt Vice-Principal and 5th period Gym Teacher. "We've had to move a lot of things around, like the Autumn Harvest Dance and the Presidential Fitness competition, but we got there. It is not often a school has a chance earn $250,000 using your schoolkids."

MacInerny said McDivitt is scheduled to fill a vacancy left by Don Bosco HS. Even though the Don Bosco HS and the Scarlet Knights are traditional foes and have played each other on a yearly basis, Rutgers was able to secure a pass through a very loose interpretatation of a new B1G policy that allows them to cancel any games against teams that played in a playoff game the previous season.

"We'll play Don Bosco again in 2016, everybody relax," said Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood. "We just felt that it was a little unfair to start the season with such a tough opponent. You know, Coach Schiano was a master at building a schedule for success and I want to continue that. We'd rather ease into things and then work our way up." Rutgers' schedule now begins with McDivitt Elementary on August 30th and then long time rival Howard University on Sept. 6th.

McDivitt says they don't foresee an issue with fielding a team for the game. “We've got the Modesky Twins in fifth grade, best dodgeball enforcers I've ever seen in my 19 years of physical education, and those skills will translate well. And don't sleep on Mrs. Kuznick's 4th grade homeroom, lots of raw speed in that class.” MacInerny said. "And as long as we can play co-ed, we'll be fine."

Flood says the lack of history between the two programs won't be an issue. "I mean, some people might balk at this since they're not an FBS team but I point to Howard and Texas Southern, also both on our schedule. Neither of them are in the FBS either and you don't hear people complaining? Well, at least I don't. I have people for that."

Being a resident of Old Bridge, NJ I am psyched for this game. I recently moved across town so my boys can play. My 10 year old has good speed and solid hands, while my 6 year old, even with a broken clavicle, is tougher than anyone RU(FKM) can put on the field. I expect McDivitt to dominate.

Wisconsin and Nebraska are going to be pissed. No Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State for either and both have to play Rutgers.
That is a horrible schedule for them, but good Maryland and Rutgers. Let's see how RU does having no easy games.

I got a chuckle with this article about the enthusiasm Penn State fans have now that they will be playing Maryland and Rutgers regularly. It's a great big "Yuk!". LOL. They want the Big Ten to get Syracuse and Pitt before they join The ACC. I have a better idea. How about Penn State get out of the hell hole they are in and join the ACC? Works better.

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2013/05/psu_fan_reaction_to_new_b1g_ea.html

Does this mean more portapotties in the Rutgers stadium concourse? :)
That's what got me about Rutgirlz stadium. Portapotties , RU friggin kidding me? WTH! No way this is a BIG10 stadium. Road fans will b pissed, so to say. Garbage facility

Easily losing 6 of 7 at end of season, Michigan, Ohio St, Nebraska, by the time they play Wisconsin they might not have enough players.

I got a chuckle with this article about the enthusiasm Penn State fans have now that they will be playing Maryland and Rutgers regularly. It's a great big "Yuk!". LOL. They want the Big Ten to get Syracuse and Pitt before they join The ACC. I have a better idea. How about Penn State get out of the hell hole they are in and join the ACC? Works better.

Penn State is angry at Delany and the B1G office for piling on them after the NCAA sanctions. Honestly, if Maryland never left I think Penn State to the ACC was possible.

The B1G office really missed the boat with their 2014 season if the Wisconsin-Nebraska winner isn't 7-1 in the B1G championship game the B1G will have a horrible game.

Yeah imagine the cost of cleaning and sanitizing that stadium after the butgers fans leave!!
There will be two Rutgers fans at best. The wouldn't even come to Syracuse. They're not going to hike out to Nebraska.

Being a resident of Old Bridge, NJ I am psyched for this game. I recently moved across town so my boys can play. My 10 year old has good speed and solid hands, while my 6 year old, even with a broken clavicle, is tougher than anyone RU(FKM) can put on the field. I expect McDivitt to dominate.

Two things we gotta know:

1) Your sons jersey numbers so we can cheer them on
2) With this be on BTN or do you thing this gets Game of the Week status

Here's their full 2014 schedule, except one opening"

aturday, August 30 - Additional opponent to be announced
Saturday, September 6 - Howard
Saturday, September 13 - Penn State
Saturday, September 20 - at Navy
Saturday, September 27 Tulane
Saturday, October 4 - Michigan
Saturday, October 11 - Idle
Saturday, October 18 - at Ohio State
Saturday, October 25 - at Nebraska
Saturday, November 1 - Wisconsin
Saturday, November 8 - Idle
Saturday, November 15 - Indiana
Saturday, November 22 - at Michigan State
Saturday, November 29 - at Maryland

Looks like the move to the B1G didn't sway their weak OCC scheduling. And many posters are predicting 5-0 by the time they get to Michigan.

Why would it? Now they can justify their weak OOC schedules by saying they play in a tougher league.

I get a chuckle out of him referring to that division as the B1G East.

This board is in such denial. I've been claiming for years that a rivalry was brewing with Rutgers and just as you all had me convinced we didn't, you guys just don't stop. In the top 15 threads for today are one thread about Rutgers new AD and another about their B1G schedule. How many people screamed from the rooftops that their is no rivalry, yet here we are about to enter the ACC against the likes of Clemson, FSU, VTech, etc and I swear there is a new Rutgers thread every week. I don't see anyone talking about USF or Cinci like this. So many posts about how Rutgers is crap and will be a doormat and go 0-5. Do I need to remind everyone that Rutgers is the reason we didn't win the BE outright last year and go to the Orange bowl? Do I need to remind everyone that Rutgers defense caused a 4th round NFL talent to cough up the ball 4 times last year? I'm not here to say how great Rutgers is or that they will succeed in the B1G, just pointing out that either we really did have a mini-rivalry starting or that we need to treat Rutgers like USF and frankly just not give a crap what they do from here on out. Now who here really wants to move on to the ACC and not give a crap what Rutgers or any other old BE school does? Cmon who's with me? Anyone?

This board is in such denial. I've been claiming for years that a rivalry was brewing with Rutgers and just as you all had me convinced we didn't, you guys just don't stop. In the top 15 threads for today are one thread about Rutgers new AD and another about their B1G schedule. How many people screamed from the rooftops that their is no rivalry, yet here we are about to enter the ACC against the likes of Clemson, FSU, VTech, etc and I swear there is a new Rutgers thread every week. I don't see anyone talking about USF or Cinci like this. So many posts about how Rutgers is crap and will be a doormat and go 0-5. Do I need to remind everyone that Rutgers is the reason we didn't win the BE outright last year and go to the Orange bowl? Do I need to remind everyone that Rutgers defense caused a 4th round NFL talent to cough up the ball 4 times last year? I'm not here to say how great Rutgers is or that they will succeed in the B1G, just pointing out that either we really did have a mini-rivalry starting or that we need to treat Rutgers like USF and frankly just not give a crap what they do from here on out. Now who here really wants to move on to the ACC and not give a crap what Rutgers or any other old BE school does? Cmon who's with me? Anyone?
I don't hate Rutgers University. My parents taught me when I was in college I couldn't live Champagne lifestyle on a beer budget. Rutgers internet football fans want to behave like they have a Champagne history when they have a bitter beer history. If their fanbase behaved like West Virginia or Piss I wouldn't dislike them, but they act like they are Alabama, Southern California, Michigan, Ohio State rolled up into 1 team. I am glad we will never play them again. A rivalry is a game you look forward too and have to win. I don't look forward to Rutgers because their a chickenstuff program who I detest more than hate and am glad won't see them outside an occasional Pinstripe Bowl.

Why do you care enough to make two "Who cares?" posts in one day? It's a message board -- and they're at least as worth talking about as JLH.

I am eager to see SU in the ACC. I don't give a crap about Rutgers. But they are a running joke on this board. We, as a message board, have equity in making fun of their fans and their program's history. It's like Tomcat and tubas...or Chip and Millhouse's banter about sexual orientation...or Kaiser's curmudgeon-like ways...or cto's ability to relate stories from an insider's viewpoint. Making fun of Buttgers is part of the fabric of this board. It doesn't make them a "rival" in the sense that you are trying to make it. It's not Georgetown in Bball. If RU dropped D1 football, and SU never ever played them again, no one on this board would care in the slightest.

Why do you care enough to make two "Who cares?" posts in one day? It's a message board -- and they're at least as worth talking about as JLH.

Just pointing out that the team that has never mattered(in the boards own words) seems to get more screentime around here than any other. We talk about Rutgers more than Pitt, WV, UCONN, etc. Yet everyone claims not to care. I guess I get the whole idea that they are a running joke around here. I hated Rutgers as much as anyone, but as soon as we officially parted ways, I realize I don't care about them at all anymore, not as a joke, not as an opponent, not as a recruiting rival, not at all. Bring on the Chokies, the Beagles, and FreeShoeU! I can't wait.

Just pointing out that the team that has never mattered... seems to get more screentime around here than any other. We talk about Rutgers more than Pitt, WV, UCONN, etc. Yet everyone claims not to care.
Psst... it's the off season. No Spring ball, no Summer practice, na da. Anything remotely football related is going to get "screentime".

Just pointing out that the team that has never mattered(in the boards own words) seems to get more screentime around here than any other. We talk about Rutgers more than Pitt, WV, UCONN, etc. Yet everyone claims not to care. I guess I get the whole idea that they are a running joke around here. I hated Rutgers as much as anyone, but as soon as we officially parted ways, I realize I don't care about them at all anymore, not as a joke, not as an opponent, not as a recruiting rival, not at all. Bring on the Chokies, the Beagles, and FreeShoeU! I can't wait.

It isn't that we care about Rutgers, it's more about laughing at them. I never cared about them and still don't. However, when their fans act as if their have more history than Notre Dame, more NFL players than PSU, Miami, USC such combined, some us have to laugh. It's funny.

As to the OP, Rutgers has bragged for many years about how they are one of the greats. This is spite of their weak OOC scheduling. Schiano would have played the School for the Blind if he thought he could get away with it. Now, Rutgers will have to put up or shut up with their conference schedule. We know they cannot put up and we know they won't shut up, so we laugh.

I personally think we had a rivalry. But even if you're in the no-rivalry camp, there's still recruiting. And a lot of us are from NJ, or now live in/near NJ.

I don't think the Rutgers talk will disappear any time soon. And I think both fan bases will miss the games--we clearly hate each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom