Big Ten, SEC to talk possible scheduling partnership | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten, SEC to talk possible scheduling partnership

And so it begins. And we all know what the end game will be here

Florida isn't giving up it's game with FSU.

And Florida isn't giving up it's annual cupcake.

SEC wants 6 playoff bids. They don’t consider traditional bowl games to count as the postseason. It’s insane. In Europe they were able to stop the soccer super league from forming. I don’t think Americans have the capacity to save one of our most traditional sports. Money reigns here. Tradition means nothing.

I just want the band aid ripped off to see if the conglomerate Syracuse ends up in is viable.

Meetings to discuss world domination sound fun. Wish I could go and observe.

If they both have 4 auto then there is only one at large for B18 #5, SEC #5, ACC #2, B12 #2, G6 #2, and Notre Dame.

If they both go 9 conference games and 1 P2 OOC, there won't be many teams that would schedule Notre Dame.

Are those enough to make Notre Dame rethink being Indy?

I think what would be best for the scheduling part would be 8 conference games, one OOC P2, one OOC P5, two bought home games against G5s, and no FCSs. That gives everyone 7 home games and allows for P5 OOC rivalries to remain without over scheduling (Washington-WSU, Florida-FSU, etc).

The auto bid thing is complete BS. There are 11 votes on the playoff committee and the B18/SEC only have two of them. Why in the heck would they accept auto bids for non conference winners? That is a farce.

SEC wants 6 playoff bids. They don’t consider traditional bowl games to count as the postseason. It’s insane. In Europe they were able to stop the soccer super league from forming. I don’t think Americans have the capacity to save one of our most traditional sports. Money reigns here. Tradition means nothing.

I just want the band aid ripped off to see if the conglomerate Syracuse ends up in is viable.
Honestly I could honestly see giving them three, maybe four. Big 10 should only get 2…they are very top heavy

If they both have 4 auto then there is only one at large for B18 #5, SEC #5, ACC #2, B12 #2, G6 #2, and Notre Dame.

If they both go 9 conference games and 1 P2 OOC, there won't be many teams that would schedule Notre Dame.

Are those enough to make Notre Dame rethink being Indy?

I think what would be best for the scheduling part would be 8 conference games, one OOC P2, one OOC P5, two bought home games against G5s, and no FCSs. That gives everyone 7 home games and allows for P5 OOC rivalries to remain without over scheduling (Washington-WSU, Florida-FSU, etc).

The auto bid thing is complete BS. There are 11 votes on the playoff committee and the B18/SEC only have two of them. Why in the heck would they accept auto bids for non conference winners? That is a farce.
I wish it worked like the basketball tournament where each conference winner gets an auto bid. This would incentivize teams to win their conference and reduce the need to schedule cupcakes as going undefeated isn’t nearly as important. Smaller conferences still get some representation and it opens up the door for some Cinderella upsets in football.

OMFG just get this done already.

College Football Super League funded by private equity. ~50 teams, 16 team playoff, centralized media contract, schools involved exit the NCAA.

Everyone knows this is where we're headed. But in true college athletics style it'll take years and years with a ton of chaos, friction, harm and stupidity along the way,

Meetings to discuss world domination sound fun. Wish I could go and observe.
Chip,

Do you really want to sit through it all again? You know the powers that be will simply read our site, sift through the scenarios, plan accordingly and make a decision. We've done the work for them, now they need to run the numbers and plan how they will divvy up the ACC and then discover whether ESPN will allow the ACC to split or pay up to keep the ACC.

Obviously the lawyers , administrative powers, and TV execs will make money rain in their pockets and they will not be sharing with us, but we pretty much have already run every possible scenario. That is perhaps every scenario but the "Annexation of Puerto Rico". I don't recall that discussion...

Big Ten - SEC Scheduling Partnership...

8 out of 14 spots guaranteed; elimination of the Selection Committee...

What's next? Name change to the Big Ten - SEC Invitational?

They certainly aren't taking prisoners and have zero interest in anything but complete domination of college football...

I can see a world where they watch college football in the Sun Belt and the Rust Belt and everywhere else it's treated like lacrosse.

They certainly aren't taking prisoners and have zero interest in anything but complete domination of college football...

I can see a world where they watch college football in the Sun Belt and the Rust Belt and everywhere else it's treated like lacrosse.

They don’t want the scenario to happen because as much as they hate it, they need the viewership and the advertisement money from the rest of the country

I also will be shocked if they don’t increase to 16 teams for the CFP

They don’t want the scenario to happen because as much as they hate it, they need the viewership and the advertisement money from the rest of the country
I wouldn't be so sure.

The Big 10 and SEC have 12 of the top 15 teams in the polls right now.

They would get 8 out of the 14.

If they eliminate the committee, make it stats-based and play mostly each other OOC...they would probably get at least 10, if not more, of the 14 spots...which means they would also get most of the payout on top of already getting the most TV money..

Game, set, match.

Checkmate.

Blitzkrieg.

I honestly don't think they care whether the rest of the country watches or not.

I wouldn't be so sure.

If they eliminate the committee, make it stats-based and play mostly each other OOC...they would probably get at least 10, if not more, of the 14 spots...which means they would also get most of the payout on top of already getting the most TV money..

Game, set, match.

Checkmate.

Blitzkrieg.

I honestly don't think they care whether the rest of the country watches or not.

They will when their media contracts come up and it’s half of the $$$ they were receiving before.

Also, this is just a meeting between those two and not with CFP committee if I read it correctly.

So a lot of day dreaming and wishful thinking going on there.

They will when their media contracts come up and it’s half of the $$$ they were receiving before.

Also, this is just a meeting between those two and not with CFP committee if I read it correctly.

So a lot of day dreaming and wishful thinking going on there.
Eventually there are going to be lawsuits from States, and Schools. ESPN, Fox and the other Networks better hope none of their fired employees have any emails, of some of the behind the scenes stuff.

I like to keep things simple; I get really excited when Syracuse is ranked. And I want to win whatever conference we are in obviously.

I also look forward to any and every bowl we are in. Not going to worry about the mega conference stuff.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Game, set, match.

Checkmate.

Blitzkrieg.

But the TV networks, streamers, distributors do.

And the idea of playing an OOC game outside Florida ...

Aghast.jpg

What the other conferences need to do if this happens is to ban out-of-state games against B1G or SEC teams. Let the ACC teams continue to play the in-state games to keep the legislatueres happy, but there is no compelling need to play anyone else. Would really get a boost if ND limited their B1G games to Purdue and USC-w (that seemed really weird to say).

Last edited:
But the TV networks, streamers, distributors do.
Maybe.

Or the SEC-Big Ten could be making the European Super League Bet:

With the overwhelming majority of the top teams, the other two P4 conferences, and the rest of D1, do not matter.

Eyeballs will still be on them because those two conferences have virtually all the top teams.

We'll see how it all evolves.

I'm sure Georgia and South Carolina feel the same way. But how many no votes do they need these days?

I'm also guessing the pitch is, don't worry, once we've destroyed the other conferences, we can pick up your in state friends.

Maybe 8X6 or 8X7 will be the new 4X16. Half B1G, half SEC. Everyone else, thanks for playing.

Maybe.

Or the SEC-Big Ten could be making the European Super League Bet:

With the overwhelming majority of the top teams, the other two P4 conferences, and the rest of D1, do not matter.

Eyeballs will still be on them because those two conferences have virtually all the top teams.

We'll see how it all evolves.
It doesn't have to be that way. Don't watch them. People that aren't fans of the SEC and BIG but watch their games while complaining about them only have themselves to blame. Watch other teams, put on a movie, or turn the TV off. We have more ways to occupy our time than ever before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom