Biggest recruiting challenge we ever had | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Biggest recruiting challenge we ever had

Rakeem Christmas. I remember Georgetown fans thinking he was theirs. That was an awesome win.
I believe that Rakeem Christmas started every game at center in his Syracuse Career unless he was ill or physically unable to play. Wonder if it was a promise JAB made in order to get him to come to Syracuse. I remember that early on in his career he would start and just play the first couple of minutes in the game. Also remember that he was friends from AAU with Trevor Cooney and with Michael Gbjinge.

Lawrence Moten comes to mind, too.

I believe [apropos of nothing] that Moten was a high school hoops teammate of Marvin Graves and Charles Harrison, who was a highly rated guard that ended up at Georgetown. Seemed like a decent bench prospect, nothing to get excited about, in a fairly lackluster class [Sekunda, Reafsnyder, Sims, Moten, with the highest rated guy being Luke Jackson]. Moten rose to the top in his very first game, firmly separating himself from the rest of that group.

Good call on him. I definitely think the big three are probably Sherman Douglas, Lawrence Moten, and Hakim Warrick.

What about Seikaly? Technically, he wasn't even a "recruit" who was on ANYBODY'S radar.

I believe [apropos of nothing] that Moten was a high school hoops teammate of Marvin Graves and Charles Harrison, who was a highly rated guard that ended up at Georgetown. Seemed like a decent bench prospect, nothing to get excited about, in a fairly lackluster class [Sekunda, Reafsnyder, Sims, Moten, with the highest rated guy being Luke Jackson]. Moten rose to the top in his very first game, firmly separating himself from the rest of that group.

Good call on him. I definitely think the big three are probably Sherman Douglas, Lawrence Moten, and Hakim Warrick.

What about Seikaly? Technically, he wasn't even a "recruit" who was on ANYBODY'S radar.

Wasn't Anthony Harris the highest rated of that class as opposed to Luke Jackson?

Seikaly - I just arrived from overseas and I play basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom